So who else doesnt' buy DVDs from Universal or Paramount? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-10-2007, 04:08 AM

Default So who else doesnt' buy DVDs from Universal or Paramount?

I'm curious of who else doesn't' buy product from Universal or now Paramount?

I decided a while back not to buy any DVDs from Universal, but that was fairly easy because I didn't really like anything they were putting out. Bourne will probably be the first that I would have bought. But with Transformers coming out, and which I had seen in the theaters because Paramount was supporting Blu-Ray at the time, I'm kinda bummed that it won't be on BD. BUT, I'm not going to reward them for not supporting the format that I want. I'm certainly not going to buy it on DVD now and then buy it again on BD after Christmas or whenever paramount finally starts producing BD again.

Anybody else going this route? I don't expect it will really effect Paramount's decision. It'd take a LOT of lost BD sales to add up to $150,000,000.00, but there isn't a movie that I can't live without, and I figure time is on the side of Blu-Ray.

Thoughts?

Mick
Old 10-10-2007, 04:34 AM

ill be getting Bourne on DVD for sure but im also skipping out on it cause I didnt care for the movie THAT much and ill pick it up once Paramount is back in game with BD

but It has put a bad taste in my mouth in terms of picking up their movies but im trying to not let this silly war let me enjoy my flicks
Old 10-10-2007, 04:56 AM

i still buy universal dvd's especially bourne ultimatum, but i won't support any of paramount's movies until they become neutral again.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:42 AM

I don't buy DVDs from Paramount or Universal I stopped doing that along time ago. So instead I buy them on HD DVD.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:40 AM

Paramount wasn't releasing much of anything that interested me anyway. Zodiac was going to be my first Paramount purchase, and that was the only Paramount release I was looking forward to.

I rent the DVDs of Universal films like Hot Fuzz and the Bourne movies. I'm pretty much through with buying DVDs. I can live without owning a few movies for a year. If the war doesn't end, I'll pick up a hybrid player when they're in my price range. By then I'll be able to buy up all the HD DVD exclusives I want pretty cheaply anyway.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:03 AM

I've also stopped buying dvds, prefering to get a decent HD collection going. So, i'll buy any decent HD movie that comes out, which means Blu-ray and HDDVD.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:08 AM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by omyard View Post
I don't buy DVDs from Paramount or Universal I stopped doing that along time ago. So instead I buy them on HD DVD.

wow... you too? on a high def forum... no... ur kidding me...
Old 10-10-2007, 09:34 AM

This is just as silly as HD DVD supporters refusing to buy anything from BD exclusive studios. Sounds like a personal vendetta. I cannot understand why you'd want to refuse yourself something you want, because the studio releasing it, does not support your favorite HD format? If it had any effect, I'd understand the principle, although I disagree, but the thing is that Paramount won't even notice this, nor do they care.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:33 AM

I buy any movie in High Def, reguardless of format or studio... I'm a fan of High Def movies, not a fan of Blu-ray or HD DVD...
Old 10-10-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashamed Pegasus View Post
I buy any movie in High Def, reguardless of format or studio... I'm a fan of High Def movies, not a fan of Blu-ray or HD DVD...
Stop making sense!