Surf's Up skipping and audio loss - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-09-2007, 11:12 PM

Question Surf's Up skipping and audio loss

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if it was just me or is anyone else getting skipping and audio loss once the movie gets to Pengu Island. The entire beginning was fine until this point.

I'm playing it through my PS3 through HDMI and this is the only Blu-Ray i've ever had trouble with so far.

I guess I could have gotten a bad disc but not sure how common that is.

PS. This is my first post here so Hello! and I love this site!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:16 PM

I had the same problem w/ Halloween and The Day After Tomorrow. I have a Samsung BDP 1400. I'm starting to wonder if this is a problem w/ new blu ray discs. Amazon sent me a replacement Halloween which I'll be watching tonight.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:16 PM

I watched Surfs Up this afternoon without any problems on my PS3.

You may have gotten a bad disk or it could be firmware. I would double check to make sure you have the latest firmware version and if you do I would take the disk back for a replacement.

BTW... Welcome to the site!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:19 PM

No problem at all on my end. Co-workers who pick it up, no issues with video or audio ( on PS3 or Samsung)

Wow what a good movie. Really cool extras in 1080P and nice java menu. You guys are really missing out on a good movie, this is a blind buy! check out the ChubbChubbs extras very funny!. Check your Firmware I remember some people having problems with the older firmware with audio drop out on the FF4 and when they received the lastest Firmware no issues.

Another Review:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=30879
Old 10-09-2007, 11:20 PM

I watched Surfs up today aswell on my ps3 with no problems, but then again I've never had any problems with any of the 77 blu rays I have. You may have gotten a bad disk or maybe something is wrong with your ps3 setup.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominica View Post
Wow what a good movie. Really cool extras in 1080P and nice java menu. You guys are really missing out on a good movie, this is a blind buy! check out the ChubbChubbs extras very funny!.
Totally agree. This was a blind buy for me and I couldn't be happier. I really liked the story and the entire movie was really well done. The bonus feature where they show how they used a real camera with motion capture to film the CGI environment to get camera shake for realism was really cool also. It's amazing what they can do with technology now!