DVDPacific cheating on shipping charges - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-09-2007, 09:53 AM

Angry DVDPacific cheating on shipping charges

I've ordered Blu-ray movies from DVDPacific a few times but on last few orders I noticed that they did not ship my movies via the method I selected for shipping. I always select "USPS Priority Mail" shipping but my last two orders were shipped via "USPS First Class Parcel" mail (which is the cheapest method that USPS offers. When I contacted DVDPacific they gave me a BS answer (as shown below).

Quote:
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 3:16 AM
To: DVD Pacific
Subject: Invoice ID: I-65****

Hello,
I recently ordered Surf's Up (Blu-ray) from your site and paid for USPS Priority mail so that I can get it before the weekend but I was shocked to see that even though I was charged for Priority mail, the package was shipped via First Class Parcel mail (as stated on the tracking system site) and because of that I was not able to receive it before the weekend. This is the second time this has happened.

The only reason why I purchase from your website (and pay higher price than Amazon.com) is that you ship movies before the street date but if I don't receive my movies in timely fashion then there is not much incentive for me to pay higher prices.

Thanks,
Ars****

**************** DVDPacific Reply*******************
Hello,

Your order was a shipped priority mail as requested, DVD Pacificís Mail is classified and handling completely different at the main Miami Mail hub since we use a mail forwarder. In addition as is stated on the website priority mail takes 2-5 days.

Regards,
Jessica
Anybody else had this type of experience with them ?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:32 AM

I have never used them myself living in Ireland as I go for the cheaper sites i.e. movietyme and boxoffice.com but the mail forwarder thing is used quote a lot. Ive ordered stuff from the UK and US and although the consignments actually ships from that particular country its actually posted from Holland.

Its very rare now I find for a company to actually hit their 'claimed' turnaround time and will spin you a story if it doesnt arrive on time.

Personally I have abandoned the whole priority mail thing as I havent found it to work and as I get quite a lot of titles and am a tv addict I dont watch films the day I get them anymore so whether I get them 2 days before the street date or on the street date means very little to me other than I have paid more than I should have for the discs.