Why All the Useless Reviews? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-08-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Why All the Useless Reviews?

Why do they only post Hidef reviews of the movies that people with good taste could care less about? Why do all the reviews for anticipated movies come late or not at all? I know theres a lot of people on these forums who, like me, could care less about Fantastic 4, Reign Over me and Tekkonkinkreet. Where are the reviews for the big releases like Robocop, Dawn and Day, From Hell, Evil Dead 2, The Fly, 28 Days, etc? And why do most reviews come days and even weeks after the release date? Tell me I'm not the only one who's more interested to see a Robocop review than a Viva Las Vegas review...
Old 10-08-2007, 03:59 PM

Yeah, I would agree on the wanting of a Robocop review. I want to preorder from Amazon today and it would be nice to know if this is the unrated or R version. Amazon has it as the R version.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:13 PM

ummm if you don't care about other reviews other people (including me) do care !! but I agree with you if all movies arrived at the same time, the priority should go to big releases.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey0480 View Post
Yeah, I would agree on the wanting of a Robocop review. I want to preorder from Amazon today and it would be nice to know if this is the unrated or R version. Amazon has it as the R version.
The runtime on the back of the package is 103 minutes which is the length of the unrated version so let us hope.

And this is subjective and regardless I'm sure they're not sitting on reviews and not releasing them. I don't see how that would help traffic.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Banned

Im surprised.. whats going on? A review a day should be easy enough..

Tons of GREAT movies come out tomorrow. And no reviews what so ever for any of them.. barring reign over me but I got that last week -_-V
Old 10-08-2007, 05:21 PM

Exactly, Hostel and Reign Over Me get advanced reviews, but Day, Dawn and Evil Dead 2 have been out since last week and still nothing. No Robocop, no From Hell, no Fly. I just wish they would prioritize reviews for the movies that people care most about.

As for Robocop, I hear its the Unrated, someone on this forum posted a pic of the back of the box. It better be, otherwise Fox is going to have a major sales problem.

Anybody else here looking forward to King of NY bluray?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:21 PM

If it's any consulation, skip DAY and EDII-grab DAWN. Just My opinion. Unless you don't own any on SD.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:40 PM

I really need a 28 Days and 28 Weeks Later review!

anyway, I do believe that the reviews should come at a few days before the actuall flick is released.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out_for_Justice View Post
Why do they only post Hidef reviews of the movies that people with good taste could care less about? Why do all the reviews for anticipated movies come late or not at all? I know theres a lot of people on these forums who, like me, could care less about Fantastic 4, Reign Over me and Tekkonkinkreet. Where are the reviews for the big releases like Robocop, Dawn and Day, From Hell, Evil Dead 2, The Fly, 28 Days, etc? And why do most reviews come days and even weeks after the release date? Tell me I'm not the only one who's more interested to see a Robocop review than a Viva Las Vegas review...
Because if they did thoe reviews and not of Tekkonkinkreet and Fantastic 4 and etc. other people would say the exact same thing.

Why do they post only high def reviews of crap movies lik Evil Dead and Robocop.

Every movie has an audience, just because you dont like it, dosent mean others dont enjoy.

In my case, I have on order Tekkonkinkreet, Fantastic 4: Rise, Reign over Me and The Day After Tomorrow.

To me, Evil Dead 2, From Hell and all = crap but that dosent mean somebody like you wont enjoy them so to each his own
Old 10-08-2007, 07:42 PM

I'd take Viva Las Vegas over Robocob anytime! If some movies really shine on HD, it's the classical!