Next region free in UK - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-08-2007, 08:37 AM

Default Next region free in UK

My copy of Next (and Days of Glory which also is reported to be region free) seams to be missing in the post but reports are starting to come in that Next is region free in UK:

http://hdmoviesource.com/forum/showt...=1083#post1083
Quote:
Originally Posted by pashmore
I have tested this on my Sony BDP-S1 it works great. The disc does have the region B logo on it, but it works fine. So US customers start buying and let Paramount see how much they lost out on.

By the way I had never seen the film. What a strange ending.
Entertainment in Video seams to have changed policy on their region coding and are now only releasing region free titles (Lucky Number Slevin, U-571 and now Next). Older releases seams to be region coded.

EDIT:
Just checked my mail and I now have Next and Days of Glory. Both are region free. Next has a bitrate around 25Mbps that goes up to around 33 Mbps sometimes.

Last edited by Merlins; 10-08-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:24 PM

From my experience Entertainment in Video have terrible transfers and lack certain features in there American counterparts.
The Crow is not up to standard picture wise and Underworld is missing uncompressed sound on the u.k version.
I would check before buying.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad1 View Post
From my experience Entertainment in Video have terrible transfers and lack certain features in there American counterparts.
The Crow is not up to standard picture wise and Underworld is missing uncompressed sound on the u.k version.
I would check before buying.
Next have better bitrates than previous releases from EiV and the disc includes the following bonus features:
Making The Next Best Thing
Visualizing The Next Thing
The Next Grand Idea
Two minutes in the Future with Jessica Biel

And any US-version of Next will not be released in atleast one year.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:43 PM

One year. Really?
Thats a long time.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad1 View Post
One year. Really?
Thats a long time.
If at all !!!!

Its a paramount film in the USA

I watched my copy of this over the weekend.Overall not a bad release and i did have a check of the bitrates will into the 20s.
I also watched troy directors cut and the bit rate was very low hitting around 7 meg in places.
It had been dumbed down for the hd dvd release .
Old 10-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aareco View Post
If at all !!!!

Its a paramount film in the USA

I watched my copy of this over the weekend.Overall not a bad release and i did have a check of the bitrates will into the 20s.
I also watched troy directors cut and the bit rate was very low hitting around 7 meg in places.
It had been dumbed down for the hd dvd release
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ... Not that old chestnut.