'Tekkonkinkreet' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-08-2007, 02:38 AM
HDD Founder

Default 'Tekkonkinkreet' - High-Def Digest review

Kenneth's review of 'Tekkonkinkreet' is up. Although the film itself sounds pretty complex, he says this Blu-ray is another winner from Sony, boasting a beautiful transfer and an uncompressed PCM mix that work hand-in-hand to enhance the film.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/999/tekkonkinkreet.html
Old 10-08-2007, 07:10 AM

As a movie watcher who's anime interests don't extend very far, I was intrigued by the tagline "From the creators of the Animatrix"...

Thus my fantastic voyage with this movie began. It was a Blind buy to encourage Sony to release more catalog cartoons on HD but I am very happy with the quality of this movie.

It's easy to understand and apparently not a bad intro to the anime genre. I think most people will enjoy it's charming story but the PQ will blow away anyone who isn't a believer in HD animation.

I give it a Thumbs Up and would at the very least, recommend a rent.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:13 AM

I love Japanese animated films
This will be added to my collection on 10/24 when it's released in Australia.
I'm gald the Japanese audio has been given the usual uncompressed treatment.
Also thumbs up to Sony for releasing a wide range of titles
Old 10-08-2007, 11:27 AM

I'm really interested in seeing this. I'm planning a blind buy. Unfortunatley my Best Buy didn't have it last time I was there.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:43 AM

i'm actually pretty excited by this release... not knowing too much about the story though, i'll be waiting for blockbuster to be shipping it out to me before i make a buy/don't buy decision.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Banned

Just ordered from amazon, since CC/BB refuse to stock it.

Can't wait for it.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice2Dragon View Post
Just ordered from amazon, since CC/BB refuse to stock it.

Can't wait for it.
I picked up my copy at a Canadian Best Buy so I am sure the chain is stocking them. Our store up here is very big and has a huge selection of Blu-Rays so it wouldn't surprise me if this title wasn't sold at some of the less busy locations...
Old 10-08-2007, 02:19 PM

If he worked on Princess Mononoke, this has got to be good.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshynepo View Post
I picked up my copy at a Canadian Best Buy so I am sure the chain is stocking them. Our store up here is very big and has a huge selection of Blu-Rays so it wouldn't surprise me if this title wasn't sold at some of the less busy locations...
Their stocking choices might be different in Canada. I know I checked their website on the day of release and it said "No available in stores" on their website, so I just ordered it elsewhere.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:46 PM

Saw this earlier today, gorgeous HD PQ but not much else that blew my skirt up in terms of the show itself. I'm not the type who likes most meta-physical/experimental anime or when the "standard-genre" nature of anime shows turns into philosophical acid trips. I also didn't like the character design/art style as much as I usually do, even when I typically accept any anime style well...so, anyway, this whole amalgam didn't do much for me at all.

I suggest most people, even anime fans, rent this first. I think it will split people in the same vein of shows like Serial Experiments Lain.