Audio Problem w/ Halloween? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-07-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Audio Problem w/ Halloween?

Has anybody had any audio problems w/ Halloween. I was playing it on my new BDP 1400 and the audio cut out during a few scenes.
When Annie returns to the house to get the keys, her singing "my Paul" cuts out and the video paused briefly.
And in the scene where Loomis says "death has come to your town", the audio between him and Brackett cuts out. I played that scene back several times and the audio went out in the same place again and again.
I'm wondering if its the disc, the player(its brand new and I had to return my new HD A30 because it wasn't playing right), or maybe the audio since its a brand new optical cable. I'm less inclined to think B or C but more A because it kept happening during the same parts.
I got this thru Amazon, so if it is the movie does anyone know how to go about exchanging it?
Old 10-07-2007, 02:58 AM

I have to believe it's the disc. I played it on my PS3 with absolutely no problems.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:01 AM

exchanging through amazon is easy. you should be able to find the template on their site for questions. fill it out with the order number, let them know what's going on. they will take care of you. i ordered dazed and confused from them and the dvd-9 side had a scratch on the disc. they overnighted me a new copy. i would imagine you would get the same treatment.

also, seconding the PS3 owners with no problems on audio playback using 5.1 PCM track of Halloween.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:34 AM

No problems with mine darmok (PS3). Maybe it's related to your disc.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:33 PM

The problem happened again, this time w/ The day After Tomorrow. Same as before the movie played fine for about 30-40mins and then the audio cut out and the picture sped up slightly, right around the scene where Ian Holm's men are watching sports on tv.
Then to make sure its not the player I watched Fantastic Four 1 which I know from previous viewings is ok and it played from start to finish w/o a problem. I re-inserted Halloween from last night and at first it said disc could not be played then when I tried again and went to the same scene w/ Loomis and Brackett talking it played that part w/ no drop out. I don't know what to think. Could 2 movies from different studios both have the same problem or is it the player? Is there a firmware upgrade for the 1400 and can I download it and burn it on to a disc?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:29 PM

Yep, I noticed the audio (Center) does cut out but I've only spotted one scene. I didn't notice the pause though. Poor channel placement.