YIKES!! Evil Dead II - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-04-2007, 09:30 PM

Default YIKES!! Evil Dead II

And by YIKES!! I mean the attocious PQ. I don't care to hear the defense of the low-budget nature of the film-if films from the 60's and even the 40's can knock my socks off, there is no reason for sub-quality product from the 80's.

The print(guessing at terminology here) is so light that there is no true black in the film-just a blackish-grey with white speckles throughout. The detail is horrendous, really just a bad disc. I'm not knowledgeable enough to get into color-timing and that sort of thing but this disc chews. Add it to the piss-poor disc column along with Day of the Dead and the first pressing of 5th Element.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Banned

Yes.. day and evil dead 2 were HORRIBLE releases.. remastered hi definition my freaking ass. These movies were garbage.. I now have evil dead 2 and day of the dead sitting there collecting dust.. I will never watch them again..

Now watch these two movies get "bad flick good disc" or some other bs review..
Old 10-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Formerly candymangt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice2Dragon View Post
Yes.. day and evil dead 2 were HORRIBLE releases.. remastered hi definition my freaking ass. These movies were garbage.. I now have evil dead 2 and day of the dead sitting there collecting dust.. I will never watch them again..

I agree, I watched Day of the Dead last night........the first 20 minutes look like I'm watching the DVD version, then after that its like the hidef version kicks in and out. I'm not buying another STARZ movie on hidef until they quit this double dip crap.............I'm pissed since I already sold my Day of the Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Halloween DVD's on ebay. I got good money for them, but not worth it since the PQ isn't that great.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice2Dragon View Post

do you mean good flick bad disc?
Old 10-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Banned

Yeah.. for 24.99 they were shit releases. Im pissed, cuz im a HUGE zombie fan, and the evil dead series was great, but the PQ was so damn bad it distracted the movie watching.

Evil dead 2 was a great movie, I ended up returning it saying it didnt work, they gave me a sealed copy, went to another BB and got my money back. Its unfair to keep that garbage.

Why put out movies that suck that badly? I love showing off movies and Tuesday is the best day of the week, but to make us consumers, AND I WAS HYPED ABOUT THOSE THREE RELEASES, and only 1 of them was worth it.

Starz has now fallen into the "im not buying unless they pay me to buy them again"

I hope one of their representatives reads this site and contacts me and offers a refund for day of the dead. That was one of my favorite movies of all time, but paying 26 bucks for that bad of a pq, crap ass extras, I will never EVER buy another Starz movie again.

Take heed Starz.. you've lost a consumer.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:26 PM

LOL like you guys didn't know about that, it's sucked hard on DVD, why would it magically rulez on BluRay. I bought those with that in mind. At Least there's no macroblocking, there's no 70mm print for restoration, Starz don't have 4M to put on a descend clean up... and even then i bought that any lowbud 1980's filmed with college fund (Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2) wiould be any better
Old 10-04-2007, 10:34 PM

Even on Monsters HD, Evil Dead II is horrible. Their presentation of Day Of The Dead looks pretty good though. I decided to just record it instead of buying it. It starts repeating 10/21 for those who might want to watch it.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:35 PM

I thought evil dead 2 was ok,about as good as the book of the dead version.
I doubt you're ever going to get a 'perfect' version of this film because if you did how would they sell you on the 'next great version'?
They've quadruple dipped on this thing already.
They're also going to re-make it from what i've heard.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:04 AM

I have never counted STARZ as an Blu-ray studio anyway, their releases seem to be garbage and they dont have much movies.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:54 AM

i was very happy with the picture on halloween. evil dead 2, not so much.