No DAY OF THE DEAD review.. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-04-2007, 02:08 PM

Default No DAY OF THE DEAD review..

I purchased this yesterday. I must go on record as saying my impression is, not impressed. It is the DIVI print from a couple of years back-as evidenced by the incredible amount of "dirt" during the titles(especially Lori's). I did a half-arsed comparision(as I am in NO way an authority) to the DIVI with the PS3.
The largest improvement in my eyes was a better appearence of flesh tones. The detail was still very soft. I don't know Romero's visual intent so I cannot make a reasonable and informative statement about it.
The clips from the other high profile titles released on 10/2 looked to have very fantastic clarity-DAWN and Halloween-in particular. I also picked up EDII but am hesitant to open it. The clips from DAWN showed an immense amount of detail and demensionality in comparision to DAY. I personally enjoy Day over DAWN, which is why I purchased it first. But had I had a head's up to Day's PQ I would have happily stuck with my DIVI.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny gaunt View Post
I purchased this yesterday. I must go on record as saying my impression is, not impressed. It is the DIVI print from a couple of years back-as evidenced by the incredible amount of "dirt" during the titles(especially Lori's). I did a half-arsed comparision(as I am in NO way an authority) to the DIVI with the PS3.
The largest improvement in my eyes was a better appearence of flesh tones. The detail was still very soft. I don't know Romero's visual intent so I cannot make a reasonable and informative statement about it.
The clips from the other high profile titles released on 10/2 looked to have very fantastic clarity-DAWN and Halloween-in particular. I also picked up EDII but am hesitant to open it. The clips from DAWN showed an immense amount of detail and demensionality in comparision to DAY. I personally enjoy Day over DAWN, which is why I purchased it first. But had I had a head's up to Day's PQ I would have happily stuck with my DIVI.
I checked out DVDTALK (it was a last restort kindof thing) and they didnt give the Dawn or Day that great of a PQ or AQ. But the reviewer did say that he played versions of Dawn of The Dead on SD to compare and there was a significant difference in Mall lighting. As for Day, they gave it a better PQ rating but the storyline they canned.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:18 PM

I wish I had checked them out first, as I bought well after Tues. I just thought the clips of Dawn looked so much more crisp than the clips-and whole BR- of DAY.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:21 PM

There's only two movie reviewers here and they do long writeups for the reviews so I'm sure they'll get to these reviews when they can. Also, there have been a lot of English teachers on the forums making comments about grammatical errors so maybe they are running the reviews through spell check now.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:00 PM

I saw EDII and I thought it looked like SD DVD. I kinda wish I didn't buy it.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruuce View Post
Yeah, I opened maine and thought "Same as SD PQ". Actually a waste of 24 bucks. Seems DAWN and Halloween were the two to get...
Old 10-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Formerly candymangt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruuce View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny gaunt View Post
Yeah, I opened maine and thought "Same as SD PQ". Actually a waste of 24 bucks. Seems DAWN and Halloween were the two to get...
Now I regret getting rid of Day and Evil Dead 2 on DVD, there was no reason to get rid of the SD-DVD versions.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Banned

Read the postings Ive done (click on profile and check the threads)

HORRIBLE PQ
HORRIBLE AUDIO
HORRIBLE EXTRAS

Day of the dead + Evil dead = waste of 53 bucks.

Im pissed. Ive been ranting all day about these two crap ass films. GREAT MOVIES, but "remastered" seems more to me like a four year old did the transfers. They look like crap.

Im going out on a limb to say these will get

THE WORST REVIEWS EVER

EVER

EVER!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:20 AM

Seems like almost everyone who bought Day of the Dead and Evil Dead 2 are regretting it... Glad I passed on those two...
Old 10-05-2007, 10:37 AM

I am glad I passed on these two as well. I was going to buy all of them but now I plan on just getting Halloween, and Dawn of the Dead. To bad the transfers turned out so horrible