'Reign Over Me' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-02-2007, 02:52 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'Reign Over Me' - High-Def Digest review

Just posted Peter's review of 'Reign Over Me.' He had mixed feelings about the film itself, but says it's well-represented on Blu-ray, with a very fine transfer, a suitably restrained soundtrack, and even a couple worthwhile extras.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1012/reignoverme.html
Old 10-02-2007, 03:12 PM

I thought this movie was going to be stupid but I actually enjoyed it was pretty damn good.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:34 PM

I really want to see this flick, but ill pick it up once its under $20
Old 10-02-2007, 11:14 PM

This title has been available in Australia sice 8/21. Gave it a rent at Blockbuster. Usually avoid Adam Sandler movies (as his attempts at being funny grate on me, just like Ellen) but this role is more serious and he pulls it off. Was a little boring but still enjoyable. The PQ was fine.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:08 AM

This may be a blind buy for me. I like Don Cheadle. Great actor,imho.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:44 AM

this is a really sad movie, great but sad. The thing is, u can really imagine someone being like that (Sandler) after 9/11. It didn't just affect the people who were directly involved.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:58 PM

Just rented this one. Yawn. Go see Persuit of Happyness, much better film.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgantert View Post
I completely concur.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgantert View Post
I was actually just going to post that "Reign Over Me" felt like it had the same "vibe" as Pursuit of Happyness. Both movies seemed like they would be about somebody who was "down in the dumps" and depressed who ends up finding their way to happiness again. However, when it comes down to it, both films never quite rise above their melancholy tone and they are both pretty tough to watch because of that IMO. I didn't realize I would have to take the title of "Pursuit of Happyness" so literally, because the whole movie seems to be about his PURSUIT and the viewer never quite sees the end result which is the protagonist's arrival at happiness.

Don't get me wrong...both "Pursuit of Happyness" and "Reign Over Me" are GOOD movies, but I don't think either of them are GREAT entertainment. I see both movies as great REFLECTION PIECES. Its nice to watch these films and kind of reflect on whats going on in our own lives.

Also, I kind of LOL at the product placement of "Shadows of the Collosus" in "Reign Over Me." They mention that game in about every other scene in the movie...and while it was a very critically acclaimed video game, its just not a very mainstream "pick up and play" type of game that they make it out to be in the movie. In short, the controls are downright befuddling, and there is no way the Don Cheadel character would be able to play that game
Old 10-19-2007, 10:58 AM

i rented the sd version cuz i watched it over my friends house and it was a really good movie. you jus gotta face the fact that adam sandler can do serious roles, just gotta be the right one.