Wasted my lunch break again - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-25-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Wasted my lunch break again

I am pissed off this is the second time best buy has done this to me, do these stores not want to make money or do they think standard dvds wont be replace by the next generation.I went to best buy on my lunch break to pick up Underworld part 1 which came out today.And for the second week in a row they told me they havent received their shipment.Last week I went through the same bullshit for troy.Then to make matters worse I then go to gamestop to pick up my copy of stranglehold the special edition and its been pushed back till october 29 now aint that some shittt.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:56 PM

That sucks, I feel your pain. You should go after work like I used to. Save lunch break for eating.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag2ke View Post
I am pissed off this is the second time best buy has done this to me, do these stores not want to make money or do they think standard dvds wont be replace by the next generation.I went to best buy on my lunch break to pick up Underworld part 1 which came out today.And for the second week in a row they told me they havent received their shipment.Last week I went through the same bullshit for troy.Then to make matters worse I then go to gamestop to pick up my copy of stranglehold the special edition and its been pushed back till october 29 now aint that some shittt.
Order from Amazon. The titles are usually shipped out on Monday, and 90% of the time they arrive on Tuesday for me. The same thing applies to the games from Amazon.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Order from Amazon.
Even if you dont want to do that at least go on the festering Best Buy website and make sure they have it in stock before you proceed out. Add the title in your cart and select what store you want to pick it up from and it shows you who and where it's at.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:53 PM

I know what you mean. I've stopped going to best buy on tuesdays to pick up the new blu-ray releases for the same reason. The last few times I went to best buy I was lucky by making the guy go in the back and look and he came back out with the box of new releases. But that's just too much of a hassle when I can just go to my local frys and pick up my movies and still have time to eat.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:58 PM

Even better...order from DVD PACIFIC, they ship early. Best Buy is the worst place to buy BLU RAY (and HD DVD) titles. They almost NEVER have titles day/date and they are usually over-priced.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:04 PM

Same here man and I live in MN, their main store in Richfield, MN doesn't even have Underworld in store. I just order them online now.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:06 PM

yea. best buy fawwkkiin sucks with that stuff. So order from Amazon. I love that site
Old 09-25-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Amazon Prime

Amazon is the way to go. I receive all my pre-orders on Tuesday. If you order allot of stuff get Amazon Prime. Got Tired of best buy having 5 copies and high prices.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1963 View Post
Best Buy is the worst place to buy BLU RAY (and HD DVD) titles. They almost NEVER have titles day/date and they are always over-priced.
Fixed For Truth.