'Smallville' Blu-ray Hits Production Snag - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-20-2007, 03:56 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'Smallville' Blu-ray Hits Production Snag

Just posted:
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/993

Quote:
Although it had been due to hit store shelves earlier this week, Warner Home Video has comfirmed a "small delay" for the Blu-ray edition of 'Smallville - The Complete 6th Season.'

As our pal Dave Lambert over at TVShowsonDVD first reported earlier today, fans had been wondering why they couldn't find the Blu-ray edition alongside the HD DVD and DVD editions in stores.

Now, in a new statement to TVShowsonDVD Warner has confirmed the delay, saying:

"There was a small production delay that impacted getting product orders to retail accounts. The issue has been resolved and we're in the process of shipping the balance of retail orders."

There's no word on exactly how long it will take for the long-awaited Blu-ray edition to find its way to stores, but officially the title is still due this week.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:03 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
I wonder if this same delay has also impacted the HD DVD AND Blu-ray versions of Alexander: The Final Cut and Troy: Director's Cut (though Troy should arrive today for me, but has not been seen in many stores).
Old 09-20-2007, 04:08 PM

Blu-ray has been having a lot of production problems lately.

Maybe Paramount wasn't full of BS about the difficulties of BD.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Banned

it's only going to get worse in the run up to the holidays

can't wait to see the reaction when the die hard movies hit "production issues"
Old 09-20-2007, 04:22 PM

This has really angered me! The one title I cared about getting most, and i havent been able to get it when it was promised.

I'm a bugger for impatientness! lol
Old 09-20-2007, 04:32 PM

Really love this show...but I'm an all around Superman fan incase you didn't know. Sorry for the Blu guys, you're missing out on a few good eps. Definately wasn't the best season but not the worst either. I'm waitin' for Season 4 on HD DVD...CRUSADE!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 05:02 PM

Typical BD issues.

Sony...here is a hint...HDi.....
Old 09-20-2007, 05:04 PM

Wasn't this due to flooding in their warehouse? Nothing to do with specific BD/HD format issues, I don't think...
Old 09-20-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Warner should have said something earlier

After waiting MONTHS to see Smallville on blu-ray, I was at Best-Buy with the weekly ad in hand on Tuesday. I was disappointed when I found only the DVD and HD-DVD version there. The Best Buy folks noted that there were no copies at any Best-Buy in the state (I'm from Arizona), so I went to Circuit City, Target, and then drove to a giant retailer called Fry's Electronics that's a good 15 miles from my house.

Obsessed? Yeah, considering I saw the season five cliff hanger on DVD last October, and have been waiting almost a full year to watch the conclusion (I only watch the DVD's.)

If Warner had only issued this news on Monday or Tuesday and saved me the time and trouble, I wouldn't be so frustrated. I almost bought the HD-DVD version and a $300 player just to see it, but I realized that rash actions like that only hurts the cause.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:09 PM

I know how you feel mate!

Smallville's my favourite show, and I was soo looking forward to this (biggest release of the year for me!). So of course, when it comes to being released... shock, the one thing I want most gets delayed! Fookers!