'Underdog' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-16-2007, 06:45 PM
PeterB

Default 'Underdog' -- pre-release buzz

Disney has just announced the live-action update of 'Underdog' is hitting Blu-ray on December 18:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/underdog2007.html

The disc sports the usual 1080p video and PCM 5.1 audio. Extras include a featurette, music video, deleted scenes, bloopers and an episode of the original "Underdog" animated series.

Blu-ray exclusives include additional deleted scenes, plus another episode of "Underdog."

Retail is $34.95.

By the way, I was speaking with the Disney PR team about the announcement and this is going to the studio's last Blu-ray title for 2007. However, they have some good stuff cooking up in 2008...
Old 09-17-2007, 07:33 AM

May have to get this for my daughter. She liked it. I love how my daughter loves hi def movies as much as I do. But...she is seriously compromising my collection.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:23 AM

LOL sounds to me like you need an ultra scratch resistant coating!

(and wait for nasty replys...)
Old 09-17-2007, 01:14 PM

Last 2007 title? What about THE ROCK, CRIMSON TIDE and CON AIR? They are all available in the UK so why not release them here? I actually bought the UK CRIMSON TIDE; it is a great looking and sounding disc, but they should be available in the U.S.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1963 View Post
Last 2007 title? What about THE ROCK, CRIMSON TIDE and CON AIR? They are all available in the UK so why not release them here? I actually bought the UK CRIMSON TIDE; it is a great looking and sounding disc, but they should be available in the U.S.
Disney != Fox.

But this is fairly pathetic output from Disney. Blu-ray fanboys have been hyping up fox and Disney support from day one. But when in a blu-moon they ACTUALLY put out a title it's a POS movie like underdog... their support isn't nearly as valuable as fanboys would have you think.

at least fox has announced some decent titles. Really looking forward to 28 weeks later!
Old 09-17-2007, 04:19 PM

what happened to the Q4 push ? disney's schedule is very mediocre (with a few exceptions). has disney lost interest in blu ? they're not exactly putting up much of a fight this quater.

fortunately other studios are showing more support. even fox, who admittedly could just be blowing smoke with their is it/isn't it vapourware schedule.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMT View Post
what happened to the Q4 push ? disney's schedule is very mediocre (with a few exceptions). has disney lost interest in blu ? they're not exactly putting up much of a fight this quater.
It's called Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Cars, and Ratatouille just to name a few. Much of their time and budget are being spent on those high profile releases that are guaranteed to be big sellers come this winter.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Banned

I remember when I had respect for Jason Lee.

That died when I heard about Underdog.

I buried the respect when I viewed the trailer for Alvin and the Chipmunks.

RIP JASON LEE CAREER
Old 09-17-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
It's called Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Cars, and Ratatouille just to name a few. Much of their time and budget are being spent on those high profile releases that are guaranteed to be big sellers come this winter.
that's a good point. it does look like they're just going for the big sellers. it's good to have some high profile titles in there, it's just a shame there's not many catalog titles to beef up their schedule a bit more.

that list still looks a little meager compared to warner or fox (depending on how much actually gets released) as far as quanity goes.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:46 AM

Watched this tonight and was very pleasantly surprised. No, it was no ET or anything, but I think I will pick the blu-ray up. Rented it from Netflix and liked it alot, so did my family, and the musical score is awesome in PCM.