'Twister' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-14-2007, 12:55 AM
PeterB

Default 'Twister' -- pre-release buzz

Warner has confirmed it will bring 'Twister' to Blu-ray (and HD DVD) on January 8, 2008:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/twister.html

No specs yet, but the DVD re-issue hitting stores the same day is a two-disc set, so there should be some new extras.

Retail is $28.99.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:35 AM

Snap this will be a insane Hi Def movie. Rocking hurricanes will look and sound amazing. Damn so much movies, so little money!
Old 09-14-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfwasted View Post
Snap this will be a insane Hi Def movie. Rocking hurricanes will look and sound amazing. Damn so much movies, so little money!
I think alot of us will be poor by Jan!!

But Bring It On!!
Old 09-14-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfwasted View Post
Hurricanes?

This should be a good title in Hi-Def. I thinks it's wierd that hidef digest is seperating forums on some of these releases. I love all the fighting. If I want to watch everyone to get along I'd go read blu-ray.com
Old 10-31-2007, 10:15 AM

The delay to May is fine by me. It puzzled me why Warner chose to release this in January, during the dead of winter. Twister is a film I watch every year in early summer right as tornado season kicks in; I live in "tornado alley," so we always see some action around us.

Oh, and let's hope that Warner doesn't pull the same crap they are with the Ocean's 11, 12, 13 set with plain jane Dolby Digital audio. Give us uncompressed PCM on this one, Warner!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:39 PM

Darn, for me, this was one of my most highly anticipated releases. gregsuarez I agree, it has to have lossless, hopefully pcm, but I have been counting the weeks on this one, now it's back to counting the months.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:48 PM

Yeah, I was really looking forward to seeing this one hit the light of day.
I would think, just stepping out on a limb here, that this title would especially hard to compress properly with the large amounts of greyscale shading and motion. We all know how bad the DVD was in that respect...
I still keep my LaserDisc player around just for that disc. Well, not JUST for that disc...

Peter M
Old 11-01-2007, 02:39 AM

I wonder if the delay has anything to do with Warner contemplating their neutrality
Old 01-10-2008, 10:41 AM

Smile Lookin' forward to this re-master

I loved this movie when it came out originally and was so very disappointed with the video on the standard DVD release that followed, even on a progressive scan player. Hopefully, the re-master will have an amazing video transfer. It sounds like the audio will be fantastic, as well. Thanks, Warner.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:47 AM

Blind buy for me... without question