'AC/DC: Live at Donington' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-12-2007, 11:12 PM
PeterB

Default 'AC/DC: Live at Donington' -- pre-release buzz

Sony BMG has quietly announced another new title, 'AC/DC: Live at Donngton':

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/acdc...donington.html

No specs yet, but one can only hope for high-resolution audio, as this should be LOUD!

Street date is October 16, and retail price $29.98.

Last edited by jed; 09-13-2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: that's Donington with an "n"
Old 09-13-2007, 08:30 AM

Hell yeah! This ought to be awesome!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:24 AM

I know ac dc is cool and all but will this look/sound good since it was recorded a long time ago?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:43 AM

I have the dobble live CD, and the DVD from the same show.

Why the hell can't they release the whole consert, the CD has 23 tracks, including greats as Sin City
Old 09-13-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumbeeChief View Post
I know ac dc is cool and all but will this look/sound good since it was recorded a long time ago?
It was filed in 35mm so it should look great as long as the film has been cared for. It's not like they used hand held Super 8 recorders.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:23 PM

i own this on cd, also the double cd release, vhs, and dvd

this is an amazing concert, this is one of the few titles blu ray that i envy !

hopefully it has lossless audio
Old 09-13-2007, 12:50 PM

Expect awesomeness. Wicked news. Can't get enough good rock on Blu-ray. Sony BMG would be wise to go nuts on even more in-concert Blu-rays. Give us Roger Waters latest Dark Side of The Moon tour on Blu-ray too please!

(huge props for AC/DC)
Old 09-13-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atdm71 View Post
Expect awesomeness. Wicked news. Can't get enough good rock on Blu-ray. Sony BMG would be wise to go nuts on even more in-concert Blu-rays. Give us Roger Waters latest Dark Side of The Moon tour on Blu-ray too please!

(huge props for AC/DC)
Much agreed. AC DC still rocks!! Had a dog named Angus during my college years. I hope Sony releases more of these in-concert releases...as long as they look great. Dark Side of The Moon would be awesome as well. How about a little Stones and Zepplin?? Zepplin annonced a reunion concert yesterday so it is possible we could see a hi def version sometime in the future.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Zepplin annonced a reunion concert yesterday so it is possible we could see a hi def version sometime in the future.
...wow, I didn't know that. Cool, I'll look it up. Zepplin's last DVD release is pretty special. Even getting that one a high def transfer would be pretty special, never mind what they might be able to do on the road. I saw Roger Waters 2006 and 2007 shows live (Seattle and Vancouver, respectively). He still has plenty of soul left at his age, so here's hoping Zepplin can follow suit.

Last edited by atdm71; 09-13-2007 at 03:25 PM. Reason: changed "say" to "saw"
Old 09-13-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersT2 View Post
I have the dobble live CD, and the DVD from the same show.

Why the hell can't they release the whole consert, the CD has 23 tracks, including greats as Sin City
The double album 'AC/DC LIVE' was not recorded at Donington. The only tracks that were are tracks 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 of Disc 1. The rest of the songs were recorded in different locations around the world on The Razors Edge World Tour '90-'91, that's why it fades in and out between songs. I was at the Donington concert back in 1991 and they definetly did not play songs like 'Sin City', 'Who Made Who', 'The Razor's Edge', 'Are You Ready' and 'That's The Way I Wanna Rock N' Roll'. My friend wrote down the setlist as each song was played. Also, 'Bonny' is only ever played in Glasgow. The 'Live At Donington' DVD is the complete Uncut 2 hour concert! Glad I got that off my chest!