Wheres the info on Grindhouse? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-11-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Wheres the info on Grindhouse?

Man is Miramax still suckin cow sacks when it comes to gettin some of there killer titles on blu ray?

I mean really... deathproof is set for Sept 18th release.. and Planet Terror is Oct 16th so where is the high def specs or dates?

I mean remember that pic of Kill Bill VOL 1 on blu-ray.com? wheres the info on that?

i tell ya... these damn companies playing chess with us suxx
Old 09-11-2007, 08:39 PM

Miramax has nothing to do with Grindhouse.

You need to be complaining about Weinstein Company.

Now Kill Bill...that's Miramax, but I'd think you'd prefer The Whole Bloody Affair version which is...also Weinstein.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:42 PM

same place as the crowd for the entire movie. No where to be found. Movie bombed beyond hell. I dont think anybody even wants to release it on DVD, let alone High Def.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:36 PM

Grindhouse is Weinstein/Dimension and will be HD DVD exclusive (if announced) unless Weinstein goes neutral.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post
Grindhouse is Weinstein/Dimension and will be HD DVD exclusive (if announced) unless Weinstein goes neutral.
More like DVD exclusive, hasn't released anything on HD DVD in quite some time. There is a rumor floating around that Weinstein is going Blu-ray exclusive and that their first title on the format is going to be Grindhouse...
Old 09-12-2007, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxx View Post
More like DVD exclusive, hasn't released anything on HD DVD in quite some time. There is a rumor floating around that Weinstein is going Blu-ray exclusive and that their first title on the format is going to be Grindhouse...
Ah my bad, thought it was another great miramax plan... so you think they would do exclusive? i mean the Weinsteins pretty much run hollywierd... i mean i see there name all over EVERYTHING...

i mean i just started gettin into the Hi def stuff... bought a PS 3 and the HD DVD add on for the 360... after that. forget games... i mean my dvd collection is bigger than most movie stores... but man there are some titles that just deserve to be put on 50GB disc.. like, Lord of the rings for instance..

hell even Ghostbusters would be sweet...

Ah... guess some companies are just waiting for us to decide what they wanna spend there money on to make disc...

so guess after this christmas we will see some huge announcements
Old 09-12-2007, 05:05 AM

I got Death Proof on DVD last week. Frankly, what with the intentional grubby aesthetics and scratches on the film, it doesn't really seem necessary to upgrade to HD even if they do release it. It would be best viewed on VHS!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:47 PM

i was really hoping to pick up grindhouse on Blu Ray or HD but apparently i will be disappointed
Old 09-12-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs1 View Post
i was really hoping to pick up grindhouse on Blu Ray or HD but apparently i will be disappointed
Same here.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Don't be too worried..You will be able to get this in high def early next year most likely.