Live Free Or Die Hard On Blu-ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-10-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Live Free Or Die Hard On Blu-ray

My Fellow High Def Enthusiasts -

Cruising this and the various other sites dedicated to high definition home entertainment, I've realized that there is rampant speculation as to why the theatrical version of LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD is the only version available on Blu-ray. The answer is very simple really and 100% conspiracy free:

As you all know, mastering a film for release in high definition is currently a much more time intensive prospect than it is for DVD. As you also know, it is crucial that the title release day-and-date with the DVD. In order to do so, the only version of the film that was available at that time was the theatrical version - the same version that rocked the summer box office and one of the most enjoyable films of the season.

All this said, there are some very cool, advanced BD-J elements/games on the LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD blu-ray release that were in development when the film was still in theaters. I'll get some navigation footage of this stuff out there as soon as possible.

As they say, timing is everything.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:57 PM

It still sucks!
Old 09-10-2007, 06:59 PM

It's a bit disappointing. But you guys have to do what you have to do. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-10-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyers Eve View Post
It's a bit disappointing. But you guys have to do what you have to do. Keep up the good work!
Yeah, it's called double-dipping.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:04 PM

At least someone kinda cares even if they cannot do squat...
Old 09-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
It still sucks!
Agreed. Maybe instead of spending time reading the boards about the NON RATED version being on blu ray, maybe talking to some people to get us an answer as to IF it will ever come out.

One blu ray I won't be buying from Fox. Rated=No thanks.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:41 PM

His statement make no sense since it was originally R rated, then trimmed down to PG-13. So they had everything they needed. They just really dropped the ball on this one.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
His statement make no sense since it was originally R rated, then trimmed down to PG-13. So they had everything they needed. They just really dropped the ball on this one.
Id love to know what his response will be to that. Or to what I said. Or to anything.

Funny how he said he read our msgs and others, but commented nothing about anything we said.. Politican in the making.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Executive View Post
My Fellow High Def Enthusiasts -

Cruising this and the various other sites dedicated to high definition home entertainment, I've realized that there is rampant speculation as to why the theatrical version of LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD is the only version available on Blu-ray. The answer is very simple really and 100% conspiracy free:

As you all know, mastering a film for release in high definition is currently a much more time intensive prospect than it is for DVD. As you also know, it is crucial that the title release day-and-date with the DVD. In order to do so, the only version of the film that was available at that time was the theatrical version - the same version that rocked the summer box office and one of the most enjoyable films of the season.

All this said, there are some very cool, advanced BD-J elements/games on the LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD blu-ray release that were in development when the film was still in theaters. I'll get some navigation footage of this stuff out there as soon as possible.

As they say, timing is everything.
Im sorry but im sure that you have let many die hard Die Hard fans down (including me).

Im happy to see Fox getting back on BD but Die Hard (series) is probably my favorite Fox film so I am really disapointed with this.

I'd rather wait another extra month and get the unrated version rather then kiddie version.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Banned

The final cover art: