'Prison Break: Season One' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-05-2007, 03:34 PM
PeterB

Default 'Prison Break: Season One' -- pre-release buzz

Fox has unveiled the date and specs for its first TV-on-Blu title, 'Prison Break: Season One':

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/prisonbreak_s1.html

Tech specs include 1080p video and DTS-MA audio on all 22 episodes, plus the same extras as the standard-def DVD, including audio commentary, three featurettes and deleted scenes.

Retail is $99.98.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:46 PM

Is there already any word on a Region B Release? (This one will probably be Region Coded)
Old 09-05-2007, 03:54 PM

Copped with ease.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:29 PM

Nice work Fox. Put out Firefly in a similar package and I'll go neutral. Love the fact that they're doing uncompressed audio for a TV show.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:54 PM

i already have this on DVD, there's nothing new in this set except the high def audio and video.

not worth the price tag either.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:57 PM

Ouch on the price. I had a slim hope they'd avoid doing what Universal/NBC did with the Heroes set.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguy View Post
Ouch on the price. I had a slim hope they'd avoid doing what Universal/NBC did with the Heroes set.
I think this is what we can expect for most future releases. Take a look at Lost Season 3 it has a List Price of 125$!
Old 09-05-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMaustus View Post
Nice work Fox. Put out Firefly in a similar package and I'll go neutral. Love the fact that they're doing uncompressed audio for a TV show.
No doubt about it Dr. No offense, but how in the heck can Paramount have the ballz to put such a good movie (Transformers) on a bad HDDVD disc...no lossless DTS-MA track? Not even Dolby True-HD? Instead going for the medicore of todays high resolution audio "Dolby Digial - Minus"?

Fox puts Lossless audio on a TV show, that I could care less about...and yesss I could care less about LOST, HEROES, and all these other shows that everyone is wild about.

But its "mind-bottling" that Paramount chose to go so cheap with this release...I mean its not "Pay Back - Director's Cut" nor is it "The Italian Job"...we are talking "TRANS-FRIGGIN-FORMERS"....

What a way to slip from the ranks...good news for BLURAY, and bad news for HDDVD's imminent future failure
Old 09-05-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiwaneSTUD View Post
i already have this on DVD, there's nothing new in this set except the high def audio and video.

not worth the price tag either.
I want to add that it looks more than good enough on DVD.This and "supernatural" look amazing upscaled.Anyway i would buy the third season if it comes day-and-date with the DVD version, next summer.

As far as the actual quality of the show goes, this is by far the best American show i've ever watched.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:47 PM

Makes me wonder if there's something to the idea that Blu-ray can hold more. More and more recent Blu-ray titles have had uncompressed audio. I wonder if HD DVD is being faced with storage constraints. I suppose this is a debate for another topic, however. Again, kudos to Fox for putting out a true high definition disc. Release Firefly like this! I'll pay anything even though I already own the DVD set.