'Delta Farce' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-05-2007, 12:22 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'Delta Farce' - High-Def Digest review

Peter's review of the flick 'Delta Farce' is up. While he didn't love the film itself, he says this Blu-ray release is a lot better than you might expect for such a low-budget, low-brow flick. Featuring an overstuffed supplements package, a PCM 7.1 surround track, and generally strong video, Larry the Cable Guy fans are sure to be pleased...

Read the full review:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/973/deltafarce.html
Old 09-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Banned

This movie was a horrible excuse of a comedy.

I will never pick this up, as usual, movies like this get hella better treatment than the other GOOD movies coming out.. just shocks me..

Expect this to drop in price real quick..
Old 09-05-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice2Dragon View Post
This movie was a horrible excuse of a comedy.

I will never pick this up, as usual, movies like this get hella better treatment than the other GOOD movies coming out.. just shocks me..

Expect this to drop in price real quick..
I agree 100%. With all due respect to Peter, I dont see how this film deserves the ''bad flick,good disc'' rating?? 3.5 for pq?? 3 for aq?? 2 for the movie??? With these scores, I would have given this flick the beloved ''avoid'' rating. I wont even glance at this title.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
I agree 100%. With all due respect to Peter, I dont see how this film deserves the ''bad flick,good disc'' rating?? 3.5 for pq?? 3 for aq?? 2 for the movie??? With these scores, I would have given this flick the beloved ''avoid'' rating. I wont even glance at this title.
Yeah no kidding.

How does a 3.5 pic and 3 audio get good disc bad flick? Just cuz of some dumb extras? 8 minutes worth of hi def extras? Come on.

Hitch got a 2.5 movie. 3 for pic. 3.5 for audio.Same amount of supplements but no hi def extra.

But hitch gets avoid and DELTA FARCE GETS GOOD DISC BAD FLICK!?!?

What!?!? At least Hitch was FUNNY. This movie is just dreadful. My friend bought it.. I punched him for it. We put it in. Im not kidding you, 3 minutes into the movie I took it out. ITS THAT BAD.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Yeah no kidding.

How does a 3.5 pic and 3 audio get good disc bad flick? Just cuz of some dumb extras? 8 minutes worth of hi def extras? Come on.

Hitch got a 2.5 movie. 3 for pic. 3.5 for audio.Same amount of supplements but no hi def extra.

But hitch gets avoid and DELTA FARCE GETS GOOD DISC BAD FLICK!?!?

What!?!? At least Hitch was FUNNY. This movie is just dreadful. My friend bought it.. I punched him for it. We put it in. Im not kidding you, 3 minutes into the movie I took it out. ITS THAT BAD.
ye, i dont get this! Smokin Aces was an awesome disk (4.5/5 PQ, 4/5 AQ, 3/5 extras, 2.5/HD extras) and it gets the "Good Disk Back Flick" just like Delta Farce!!I dont know how a 3.5/5PQ and 3/5 Aq gets a "good" disk
Old 09-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post
ye, i dont get this! Smokin Aces was an awesome disk (4.5/5 PQ, 4/5 AQ, 3/5 extras, 2.5/HD extras) and it gets the "Good Disk Back Flick" just like Delta Farce!!I dont know how a 3.5/5PQ and 3/5 Aq gets a "good" disk
I think Peter needs to start posting and explain himself asap. Im starting to lose interest in his reviews now.. the rating he gives some movies dont reflect on others hes given.. aka Hitch aka Delta Farce.. The good flick bad disc is stupid.. cuz its not even a "good" disc.. good disc should be what? 4.5 or better audio/video wise?

Final Fantasy - 2 star movie. 5 star video. 4.5 Audio. Bad flick, good disc.

So how does that movie deserve the same rating as DELTA FARCE!?

How does a freaking MUSIC ONLY CONCERT BLU RAY get four stars but an actual movie, for the most part, gets LOWER. These are MOVIES. NOT CONCERTS!

At least movies you don't know what to expect.. the concert you know whats coming.. these reviews.. I dunno.. Im starting to value them less and less when concerts get 4 stars and decent movies are barely getting 2..
Old 09-05-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I think Peter needs to start posting and explain himself asap. Im starting to lose interest in his reviews now.. the rating he gives some movies dont reflect on others hes given.. aka Hitch aka Delta Farce.. The good flick bad disc is stupid.. cuz its not even a "good" disc.. good disc should be what? 4.5 or better audio/video wise?

Final Fantasy - 2 star movie. 5 star video. 4.5 Audio. Bad flick, good disc.

So how does that movie deserve the same rating as DELTA FARCE!?

How does a freaking MUSIC ONLY CONCERT BLU RAY get four stars but an actual movie, for the most part, gets LOWER. These are MOVIES. NOT CONCERTS!

At least movies you don't know what to expect.. the concert you know whats coming.. these reviews.. I dunno.. Im starting to value them less and less when concerts get 4 stars and decent movies are barely getting 2..
Check out post #16 :
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/show...t=16461&page=2

How can a reviewer mistake a TrueHD track where he has to manually select it himself?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:48 AM

They were talking about this on the Bob and Tom show the other morning. Larry the Cable Guy was a call in guest and Tom mentioned the movie coming to DVD and Blu-ray. Then says..."what the hell is a blu-ray?" Goes on to say "Blu-ray is one of 2 competeing new dvd formats. I'm sticking with regular dvd till they figure this one out. I bought beta if that says something."
Old 09-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Banned

Still waiting on some response..
Old 09-06-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Still waiting on some response..
from ......