Who else is getting Halloween when it comes out. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-01-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Who else is getting Halloween when it comes out.

I jsut got back from watching in theaters the Rob Zombie Halloween remak (which was awesome. Go see it) and im even more excited for the originals Blu-Ray Debut this october. Who else is hyped for this release? Also, when the remake thats in theaters now gets to DVD, will it be on Blu-Ray only or on HD-DVD as well? Will it be on any HD Format?
Old 09-01-2007, 08:56 PM

Can't wait for Halloween on the 2nd... According to Yahoo, MGM has the distro rights to the remake, so it should come out on BD along side the DVD...
Old 09-01-2007, 09:22 PM

I am definatley getting Halloween on Oct. 2nd when it comes out. I love the original its a classic havent seen the remake yet but plan to on Monday I heard it sucked to my expectations are really low.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:03 AM

The Remake foused ALOT more on Michael Myers himself. On how his Child life was and what lead to his eventual night of Horror when he was 10. The Ending does really Screw with the storyline of the movies. (anyone who has seen it knows what im talking about.)
Old 09-02-2007, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashamed Pegasus View Post
Can't wait for Halloween on the 2nd... According to Yahoo, MGM has the distro rights to the remake, so it should come out on BD along side the DVD...
Im sorry but Halloween is a Dimension/Weinstein film, so its gonna be HD DVD exclusive. MGM only ditributes some Weinstein films in theatres only , but Weinstein still has total control over its products (look at Lucky # Slevin, its released by MGM in theatres but its released by Weinstein on HDDVD exclusivly)
Old 09-02-2007, 06:58 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about this film and whether it'l be on HD DVD or Blu-ray. For one, by the time it does come out, things might be a lot different (Weinstein are neutral or they announce they are still exclusive, who knows!)

In the case of the latter, then yes, the US will have a HD DVD only release due to Weinstein distributing.

Thankfully, Weinstein don't distribute themselves here in the UK, so their movies are up for grabs by any UK release studio. The fact that Dimension and MGM also are connected to the movie will mean that 99.9% chance it'l be a Buena Vista or Entertainment in Video release over here, so Blu-ray only in the UK.

Here are some examples:

Scary Movie 4: US-HD DVD only (Weinstein & Dimension)/UK-Blu-ray only (Dimension through Buena Vista)
Lucky Number Slevin: US-HD DVD only (Wenstein)/UK-Blu-ray only (Entertainment In Video)
Wolf Creek: US-HD DVD only (Weinstein)/UK-Blu-ray & HD DVD (Optimum)

So chances are very good for a release in Blu-ray over here! That's if Weinstein stay exclusive before it comes out in the US!
Old 09-02-2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderAE View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about this film and whether it'l be on HD DVD or Blu-ray. For one, by the time it does come out, things might be a lot different (Weinstein are neutral or they announce they are still exclusive, who knows!)

In the case of the latter, then yes, the US will have a HD DVD only release due to Weinstein distributing.

Thankfully, Weinstein don't distribute themselves here in the UK, so their movies are up for grabs by any UK release studio. The fact that Dimension and MGM also are connected to the movie will mean that 99.9% chance it'l be a Buena Vista or Entertainment in Video release over here, so Blu-ray only in the UK.

Here are some examples:

Scary Movie 4: US-HD DVD only (Weinstein & Dimension)/UK-Blu-ray only (Dimension through Buena Vista)
Lucky Number Slevin: US-HD DVD only (Wenstein)/UK-Blu-ray only (Entertainment In Video)
Wolf Creek: US-HD DVD only (Weinstein)/UK-Blu-ray & HD DVD (Optimum)

So chances are very good for a release in Blu-ray over here! That's if Weinstein stay exclusive before it comes out in the US!
Agree. History suggests one way or another, this will be a Blu-ray release.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrob View Post
Agree. History suggests one way or another, this will be a Blu-ray release.
Now you only have to hope that it will not be Region Coded..
Old 09-02-2007, 09:35 AM

If Buena Vista release it, then it will more than likely be region ABC... now if Entertainment In Video release it... itl be Region B only!

I have 5 words for everyone: cross, bridge, come, to, it.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaek View Post
Now you only have to hope that it will not be Region Coded..
Well the previous Weinstein releases are free of region encoding, so history suggests no worries here...