I have a bigger Selection then BlockBuster... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-27-2007, 05:03 AM

Default I have a bigger Selection then BlockBuster...

So I havent stepped into a rental place in probably 6 years as I just buy everything I want but for some reason, I coudlnt convince myself to pay $15 for Redline on DVD and I was like, what the hell, my parents have a BB card, ill go rent it.

SO while there, I was like "ahhh huh! they carry BD and to my surprise, they had HD DVD" and my selection BD titles I own, is bigger then their BD and HD DVD put together I gotta return that and Fracture that I ended up renting tomorrow so ill snap a picture but wtf.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:51 PM

Hey, at least yours carries them. Mine does not because "this market is too small, the bigger cities have them though."

Translation: "Nobody in this redneck town has enough money for a HDTV or even knows what it is, why would we carry them?"
Old 08-27-2007, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
So I havent stepped into a rental place in probably 6 years as I just buy everything I want but for some reason, I coudlnt convince myself to pay $15 for Redline on DVD and I was like, what the hell, my parents have a BB card, ill go rent it.

SO while there, I was like "ahhh huh! they carry BD and to my surprise, they had HD DVD" and my selection BD titles I own, is bigger then their BD and HD DVD put together I gotta return that and Fracture that I ended up renting tomorrow so ill snap a picture but wtf.
Prelude...you have more gear than most Radio Shacks I have seen,lol. It has been a long time since I stepped into a BlockBuster or any rental store as well. Renting from a rental retail store is dated to me considering all the different ways you can view movies (pay per view, netflix, downloading). I either buy or borrow from a friend. Renting is no longer an option for me.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:19 PM

I also have a bigger selection than Blockbuster since all the Blockbusters are me have zero!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimus22 View Post
Hey, at least yours carries them. Mine does not because "this market is too small, the bigger cities have them though."

Translation: "Nobody in this redneck town has enough money for a HDTV or even knows what it is, why would we carry them?"
Sounds like Michigan where I lived till 2 years ago. Everybody I know here (LA) has for example atleast HDTV's. Friends my age and so forth. Back in Michigan, im pretty sure most of my parents friends dont even own HDTV yet, let alone knowing what 5.1, 6.1 and DTS and Blu-ray are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Prelude...you have more gear than most Radio Shacks I have seen,lol. It has been a long time since I stepped into a BlockBuster or any rental store as well. Renting from a rental retail store is dated to me considering all the different ways you can view movies (pay per view, netflix, downloading). I either buy or borrow from a friend. Renting is no longer an option for me.
lol touche. This round is yours! But to that note, same way for me. I either buy (as seems to be the case) or download via iTunes (witch I guess is buying lol) or borrow from a friend. I remember long ago, every friday was like Pizza and rent a movie night and such or I would rent games. Now, ill just fork it over and own the damn thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Rider View Post
I also have a bigger selection than Blockbuster since all the Blockbusters are me have zero!
Therefor, you can make the honest claim that your Bigger then Blockbuster to all of your friends and technically, you are correct
Old 08-28-2007, 12:19 AM

Fracture was awesome
Old 08-28-2007, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimus22 View Post

same here, my Blockbuster is the biggest in my town but they dont carry BD or HD DVD
Old 08-28-2007, 06:39 AM

I got a bigger selection than Best Buy.

I really wish though Ballbuster would start stocking titles for both formats in the vancouver, bc area. This country is starting to get primitive. Maybe by the time HVD discs start to roll out, BB canada will stock BDs & HD DVDs.