Haunted Mansion - High-Def Digest - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-16-2006, 07:01 PM
PeterB

Default Haunted Mansion - High-Def Digest

Hey all --

Just posted a new review of 'The Haunted Mansion.' Alas, I'm still not that excited about Disney's first Blu-ray releases. Another iffy one for me.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/hauntedmansion.html

Will be interested to hear what you all think...
Old 10-16-2006, 07:54 PM

Disney is releasing the oddest titles on Blu-Ray. Hello!! You have the two Pirate films and The Lion King, why not release something of major substance? The Haunted Mansion looks like a blah movie anyhow. Now, apparently, it's a blah film with a blah transfer.

Anyhow Peter, do you intend to go back and rate all your reviews with the new star rating system that you've used for the last two reviews?
Old 10-17-2006, 10:19 AM

I should be getting this title later tonight and will report back. I too love movies like this, even if they aren't so great. It sucks to hear that the transfer isn't as good as I had hoped for.

I too am wondering when Disney will get their act together and release a Snow White type Blu-ray, that changes people's opinion of the entire platform. Remember what Snow White did for DVD?
Old 10-29-2006, 01:03 PM

Just got this yesterday and I agree it isn't a "Major Release", however, This is the first Blu-ray disc that I have seen that shows the true potential of the platform. All of my other Blu-ray pictures are good to poor and I was beginning to wonder if the bad mouthing was correct. "Haunted Mansion" did not have a bit of grain or other artifacts in it and the sound reproduction was excellent. Shows that the authoring makes all the difference in the world.