'Hills Have Eyes 2' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-23-2007, 04:39 PM
PeterB

Default 'Hills Have Eyes 2' -- pre-release buzz

It's Halloween, so the studios continue to churn out the horror flicks:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/hillshaveeyes2.html

No supplemental details yet, but the flick will be the gorier unrated version, with 1080p video and DTS-MA audio.

Retail is Fox's usual steep $39.98 price tag.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:43 PM

what a crap movie...maybe if they churned out the alexandre aja remake then it would be worth it
Old 08-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Banned

Is there any news of putting the first one on blu ray?

I HATE IT WHEN COMPANIES PUT SEQUELS BEFORE ORIGINALS

Devils Rejects.. And now this.. grrr

Still a must buy though.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:46 PM

seriously, all HD vs. Blu talk aside

As a movie, this was a huge waste of an hour and a half. The first one I liked. The second one? Not so much.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Hmm...

Is this one bad? I surprisingly liked the first one, but I never got around to seeing this. I concur when I say I don't understand releasing a sequel before the original, though...

All I know is that Blu-Ray fans of horror are all set through October!
Old 08-23-2007, 06:18 PM

Default *ay Movie, but, tell me, not DTS-HD Master Audio!!!

Ok, I love DTS at full bit rate (1.5MBps), in the theater. But when you encode your disc with a codec that is hardly if at all supported (PowerDVD Ultra so far I count), No thanks! Im tired of incompatibility and promises of "Future Support". Fox is a prime example of why Paramount should choose HD-DVD's stable hardware platform. I understand that HD-DVD supports "Optionally" DTS-HD Master Audio, but so does Blu Ray. Its OPTIONAL! I, like a sucker, figured, hey, Sony will release an update for the PS3 and allow it to fully decode DTS-HD Master Audio and output it as LPCM. Wow was I wrong, not only did waste 60$ on two Fox BDs (Speed and Alien VS Predator), but there was no update, and I still cannot fully enjoy full DTS-HD Master Audio. Fox's excuse is, oh we are future proofing. Fox is stupid, first they choose the most undstable, most expensive platform because of BD+, period, this is a known fact. Secondly, they tell everyone its for our own good to choose Blu Ray because of its capacity. If that was the case, why use DTS-HD Master Audio on a disc that could easily accomidate a 2Hr stream encoded with AVC/MPEG4 and LPCM. No need for DTS-HD MA! Sorry for being a whiney girl, but Ive had it up to hear with Fox. I am so mad that they are encoding there audio with DTS-HD Master Audio this early on in the game. They should use LPCM as a master track because everyone who bought there disc would be guranteed Lossless audio!

-dad
Old 08-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1976 View Post
Is this one bad? I surprisingly liked the first one, but I never got around to seeing this. I concur when I say I don't understand releasing a sequel before the original, though...

All I know is that Blu-Ray fans of horror are all set through October!

A lot more gory than the first one BY FAR. Was pretty good though.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice2Dragon View Post
A lot more gory than the first one BY FAR. Was pretty good though.
Gorier, but stupid, unoffensive, tacky, humorous over-the-top gore.
This movie was terrible.
I LOVED the first remake because of Alexandre's masterful maintaining of tension, and I found the characters to be pretty likable.
This crap lost all gore, and it knew the characters were so unlikeable that they resorted to giving an overweight man a lisp to try to squeeze out SOME degree of sympathy.
This shit sucked ASS.
And the acting was TERRIBLE.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:39 PM

I saw the first Hills have eyes remake and thought it was ok . I saw this one and tought it was ok as well. I will pick this up when it comes out this October.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:53 PM

Blu-ray is having good horror movie representation this year.