Boycott Paramount??? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-23-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Boycott Paramount???

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/passonparamount/

someone started a petition regarding Boycotting paramount because they are prolonging the format war for $$.

Personally, i don't know if i can hold out going dual format, but i am pissed, they had some nice titles coming this fall/winter to BD.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Banned

Boycott? HA HA HA HA HA HA ..sorry bout that but its nuts. Not enough HD owners to even make a difference. You guys have to get over this for gods sakes. I am buying a PS3 to go neutral next week and am not concerned because like its been stated, its only for 18 months
Old 08-23-2007, 12:31 PM

Thats right, let the blu-ray owners make a statement to paramount by not buying there product. Oh wait, you cant any way because the movies aren't available to you. I'll try to remember to do the whole boycot thing when i go to pick up Transformers on HD-DVD.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dltrent View Post
and am not concerned because like its been stated, its only for 18 months
Actually it was restated yesterday that it's "indefinite", not 18 months.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:22 PM

Yeah, I don't know about a boycott. I'm definitely annoyed about them jumping ship, but it's not because they're prolonging the war. It's because now I can't get Transformers in HD. I'm not going to punish myself further by not getting it on DVD either. Although I'll probably just rent it.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:23 PM

Yes. Boycott Paramount. Don't go see any movies or buy product from them in the next 36 months. You don't want to see stuff like Indiana Jones 4, or that Ironman movie.

You can regale in the stories told by the countless MILLIONS of other people who, frankly, look at the people who do these kinds of things and just laugh at them as they come out of the theatre, or as they rent the DVDs!

Stand firm Blu-Ray People! Stand Firm!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:23 PM

Can you please point me to a URL where you read about it being indefinite? This is the first I've heard of that.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn22 View Post
Can you please point me to a URL where you read about it being indefinite? This is the first I've heard of that.
Here you go

"PCW: Will this exclusive period extend for a limited time, or is this an indefinite arrangement?

Bell: At this moment in time, it's an indefinite commitment. The core of this announcement comes from our experience, and what our consumers are looking for. We hope this will influence consumers' choices."
Old 08-23-2007, 02:36 PM

on the one hand - blu-ray haters and "neutral" folks who really aren't - go troll elsewhere. the smackdown forums are full of your type right now, go hang with them.

on the other hand - blu-ray folks, boycotting paramount is just stupid. it's a business decision, and according to off the record sources, it sounds like it's just going to last 18 months unless the market shifts dramatically. if you want to make a statement, don't go neutral and just buy the movies you want on SD to tide you over. that's what i'll be doing.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticDisc View Post
Here you go

"PCW: Will this exclusive period extend for a limited time, or is this an indefinite arrangement?

Bell: At this moment in time, it's an indefinite commitment. The core of this announcement comes from our experience, and what our consumers are looking for. We hope this will influence consumers' choices."
right... because a company mouthpiece is going to state on the record that they're just doing it for 18 months...