Paramount titles worth picking up while they're still around? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-21-2007, 01:51 AM

Default Paramount titles worth picking up while they're still around?

Thinking over this retarded setback today (I'm officially neutral, since I don't care which one wins, just one format please...)

It had me wondering. I might go pick up Trading Places and/or Coming to America tomorrow.

Are there any existing Paramount titles that are real standouts and worth picking up as Demo disc worthy material?

I'm not partial to Sky Captain, and Payback's not really my bag. But I look at all the existing Paramount titles as limited editions now, and once they're gone, they're gone, stupid as that sounds.

I'm thinking I need to go pick over the Paramount titles I want to get now before they vanish from shelves. I imagine some stores might start pulling their inventory or mark it down to clear out stock. No telling what Paramount might do with existing supply, but I'm not happy about future throwaway ($20 this week at Fry's) sales being lost to today's decision.

For the record Paramount, I was a day away from preordering Blades of Glory, and was looking forward to the Jack Ryan collection. I'll just wait it out. I'm a patient person. I want one format. ONE FORMAT.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:35 AM

thats really what i was thinking, i was gonna get Disturbia on BD but if icant find it ill get it on HD DVD/
Old 08-21-2007, 03:31 AM

mission impossible series, sleepy hollow....
Old 08-21-2007, 07:18 AM

I was really planning on getting Blades of Glory on Blu-Ray. I have no intention of buying into HD DVD just because Paramount wants to slap 66% of their customer base in the face.

But like you are thinking, I'm interested in picking up whatever good Paramount releases are available while I can. Sleepyhollow is a good start!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:51 AM

Mission Impossible for me. I haven't picked it up yet, but it seems like I may need to. Other than that, see ya later Paramount, you lost my business.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:11 AM

No thanks.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xen View Post
Mission Impossible for me. I haven't picked it up yet, but it seems like I may need to. Other than that, see ya later Paramount, you lost my business.
after looking at my pre orders, i realized i did not have one paramount title on pre order,not to say future releases could upset some folks but as of right now there is not alot from paramount on the horizon that is that great,yes down the road transformers and shrek the third (both of which i will buy)

the release of paramount just does'nt have an immediate impact on my pre orders..the fox one does though on my wallet,let's hope they stick to this release schedule because these are some great titles!

I a m hoping my local fry's will be having some paramount sales this week,sleepy hollow would be cool, or maybe sky captain if they were one of the $13.99 deals you can find at frys every n ow and then.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:27 PM

Am I crazy, or is Enter the Dragon Paramount?
Old 08-21-2007, 03:32 PM

Maybe someone will need this.
Made list of all paramount/dreamworks titles that available on BD.
in chronological order.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/lis...R2Q64YJ04J4E68
Old 08-21-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metatron View Post
Maybe someone will need this.
Made list of all paramount/dreamworks titles that available on BD.
in chronological order.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/lis...R2Q64YJ04J4E68
Thank you!