'The Lives of Others' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-20-2007, 12:22 AM
HDD Founder

Default 'The Lives of Others' - High-Def Digest review

Just posted Kenneth's review of 'The Lives of Others.' He loved the film itself, and says this Blu-ray release is also quite strong, boasting
an excellent video transfer, a subtle but effective audio package and an informative batch of features.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/953/livesofothers.html
Old 08-20-2007, 12:49 AM

I have heard nothing but rave reviews from people I trust about this movie....
Blind buy for me.

Gotta take it easy though....just pre-ordered 5 Xbox360 games coming out from now until Christmas.

Already told the 'rents that they are buying me the Blade Runner 'Deckard Briefcase' and Halo 3 Legendary Edition for Christmas. (Id rather just order something and just tell then it's a gift than get more clothes that went out of style 5 years ago)
Old 08-20-2007, 02:04 AM

Ill pass this one.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post
Ill pass this one.
Same. Hope others enjoy it, but it sounds like a snoozer to me.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
No, it's actually very funny in a strange way. I don't like all these tooo serious, boring and depressing history movies as well, but "The Lives of Others" is very different.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
No other movie has been as gripping for me as this one, and I've seen a lot this year. Fantastic.

I jumped in here to let you all know that the grain in the nighttime scenes is intentional and part of the original film presentation, so the video should not be downgraded for that reason.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Former Member

I just got this in today, ordered a week in advance from an ebay dealer, who had stock at a damn good price.

I just wanted to comment, that I don't get why it's said "sadly there is no trailer" for the titles being reviewed sometimes. I don't know if it's just me, but I like trailers of OTHER movies, as previews to see if I'd like them. I already bought the title, so why do I need it's trailer?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8boss87 View Post
I already bought the title, so why do I need it's trailer?
Trailers give insight into the way the movie was marketed, for better or worse. I'm sure we can all name off a bunch of movies whose trailers are completely misleading about what the final movie turned out to be.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Trailers give insight into the way the movie was marketed, for better or worse. I'm sure we can all name off a bunch of movies whose trailers are completely misleading about what the final movie turned out to be.
My sentiments exactly -- well said.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:39 PM

Rave reviews, YES! $40 Price tag, NO! These prices are simply horseshit. I'd love to see this movie, but at that price who can afford to take a risk?