Pet Sematary II - Collector's Edition Blu-ray Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-03-2020, 12:45 PM

Default Pet Sematary II - Collector's Edition Blu-ray Review

"Dead is better!"
https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/783...matarytwo.html
Old 02-03-2020, 01:23 PM

Someone wanted to make sure he let everyone know his hate for this film lol.. I kind of see the first one as sort of a drama-obsession horror film, whereas this one is closer to straight horror and, dare I say it, entertainment. I personally think Edward Furlong doesn't have many acting styles, and here, he plays the same character as John Connor from T2. With that being said, it personally works for me, and I think that Clancy Brown does a pretty good job at playing a bad guy, I realize this isn't as much loved as some of the classic horror films out there, but I actually like it more than the first. The first is hard to watch for me, maybe because you sort of have to re-live the death of the young son and the father's obsession with him. It's not a feel-good movie on any level.

With that being said, I too wish they would release a 4k HDR version of part 2, as that may actually persuade me to buy it again. I think I have this on laserdisc, and maybe that'd be a worthwhile upgrade!
Old 02-03-2020, 06:50 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I have this on pre-order as a blind buy. I was pretty confident that Shout Factory would do it right.
I honestly cannot recall the movie itself, but figured I'd still like it enough.

As far as a death of a son and the lack of a "feel good" movie --- well, with this type of movie all bets should be off anyway.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:28 PM

Well, I'd say there are different levels of feel good vs feeling dread movies. A film doesn't have to give you the sense of dread as Grave of the Fireflies, not even a horror. The first film does not go to that extent, but it sort of heads in that direction. The second film, maybe they just don't make you care for the characters enough to matter...