Disney: The Jungle Book coming October 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-17-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Disney: The Jungle Book coming October 2

This should get classic animation fans happy:
Quote:
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has announced that the animated classic 'Jungle Book' will make its Blu-ray debut October 2nd. This is the first Disney animated feature to be released on Blu-ray, and will be on store shelves day and date with the upcoming DVD release. No specs have been announced at this time.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=408
Old 08-17-2007, 01:28 PM

Awesome! I think someone needs to post this info in the smackdown forums with a "Where's Disney?...Releasing classics, that's where!

This shows major support for Blu-ray given that Disney is opening its vault to classics such as this one and Sleeping Beauty next year.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:10 PM

I was impatiently awaiting the new DVD, and to hear it will now be on BD is just too cool!

I still don't have a BD player (or HD DVD for that matter), but I'm not going to be able to hold out much longer...
Old 08-17-2007, 02:19 PM

sweet, and i thought Sleeping Beauty would be first
Old 08-17-2007, 03:09 PM

This is AWESOME news! I've been waiting for Disney to start releasing their real movies for quite some time. I've never seen the Jungle Book, and I've been waiting for its eventual DVD release to see it for the first time. This Blu-Ray release should be a real treat then
Old 08-17-2007, 03:41 PM
HDD Founder

We called Disney for a confirm on this news, and unfortunately they say this info is inaccurate. It looks like it emanated from typo in a Home Media Magazine Article. 'Jungle Book' is coming to DVD in October, but not Blu-ray...
Old 08-17-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
We called Disney for a confirm on this news, and unfortunately they say this info is inaccurate. It looks like it emanated from typo in a Home Media Magazine Article. 'Jungle Book' is coming to DVD in October, but not Blu-ray...
Man, thats a real shame. Disney should really work on getting their classic animated films out on Blu-Ray. I'm tired of settling for stuff like Dinosaur and Chicken Little

I guess they just want everyone who bought their DVD releases to double dip on stuff like Sleeping Beauty before they release anything else...
Old 08-18-2007, 01:15 AM

they should release one classic animated title every month and i would buy them all.