I'm from Canada and I despise french/english text on good buy worthy movies... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Banned

Default I'm from Canada and I despise french/english text on good buy worthy movies...

I dont know what i was thinking, buyin 300, not knowing how good it is on 1080p and HDTV.....

and im wondering if i order from US amazon site will it ship to canada? I do want to buy 300 again, im pretty sure they wont double dip...well hd-dvd has boatloads of extras and blu-ray...not so much compared to 300. you think it will be re-released?

the thing is, i prefer to have all english text seriously, the french/english half and half ruins the overall look and im anal about thjat lol.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:38 AM

I never ever look at case script myself after the day i get it so i can't share your problem with having french text on things but yes Amazon US,Amazon UK both ship to canada and with the dollar the way it is they're about the same price as buying in Canada if not cheaper.
I'm in Alberta and i just got a couple movies from Amazon u.s and it took only 6 days from internet order to delivery.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:27 PM

I'm in the same boat... I really don't like having the additional french text on the cover and spine of my movies.

I too order from amazon.com... I find that you need to order at least 3 movies to make the shipping worthwhile. And it seems as though you're less likely to get dinged with duty on the larger orders.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:01 PM

Oh, how do they spell 300 in French?

Ba-dum-bum.

Thanks folks. You've been a great audience. I'm here all week.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Banned

alright thanks, just to make sure 300 wont be double dipped because it has extras enough to clarify it as "special edition" well for HD-DVD right? why is warner siding with hd-dvd more then blu-ray? i mean paramount adds the excat same thing while warner prefers to give hd-dvd more hd-extras. such bullshit if you ask me.

how much more extras does the hd-dvd verison have?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronBong View Post
alright thanks, just to make sure 300 wont be double dipped because it has extras enough to clarify it as "special edition" well for HD-DVD right? why is warner siding with hd-dvd more then blu-ray? i mean paramount adds the excat same thing while warner prefers to give hd-dvd more hd-extras. such bullshit if you ask me.

how much more extras does the hd-dvd verison have?

I'm sure it'll be double dipped just like all other new releases these days.They could add extra footage.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:43 PM

If you HATE Snapper Case, it's an ADVANTAGE when you buy it up here.

amazon.com (English) - Snapper Case
Canadian Retail (French) - Regular
Old 08-18-2007, 04:17 AM

I'll have to look next time I'm at a Best buy or Future Shop.

Warner Home Video doesn't have french text on either format in Canada last time I checked which was a couple weeks.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bembol View Post
If you HATE Snapper Case, it's an ADVANTAGE when you buy it up here.

amazon.com (English) - Snapper Case
Canadian Retail (French) - Regular
snapper case? what? its a regular blu-ray case and yes it snaps...i dont quite get what youre saying here...
Old 08-19-2007, 03:39 PM

You know on most Universal discs? The little thing on the side? All of their combos have it. Wheras if there is French on it, it is like the Warner case.