is Bob's Burgers not available on Blu-Ray? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-19-2019, 02:01 PM

Default is Bob's Burgers not available on Blu-Ray?

I can't seem to find Bob's Burgers anywhere I look, Walmart, Best Buy, Target, etc. Is it not available on Blu-Ray?
Old 06-19-2019, 04:37 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I don't recall it ever getting released.
A quick trip to the other site and selecting worldwide search, nothing comes up.

Is that not a Fox own release? They're pretty lackluster in supporting home releases.
Best I can tell, Fox didn't want to do a DVD release so they released them as higher priced MOD DVD titles.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:16 AM

Sadly Bob's is not on Blu-ray - and I believe only up to season 3 or 4 were released on DVD. You can only buy it digitally - which I did for a couple of seasons when they were on sale. But then I signed up for Hulu and discoverd ALL of the seasons are up there for streaming... so I stopped buying them.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
Sadly Bob's is not on Blu-ray - and I believe only up to season 3 or 4 were released on DVD. You can only buy it digitally - which I did for a couple of seasons when they were on sale. But then I signed up for Hulu and discoverd ALL of the seasons are up there for streaming... so I stopped buying them.
Well that sucks then. I see no reason to buy DVDs of a show that was animated in HD.

I don't do digital either. I'll pirate before I drop a single cent on a digital release.

Neverthless, that blows as I really want to check out this show since I've only seen a handful of episodes here or there and liked what I saw. At least I know why my local library doesn't have anything on the show either. Though, this does sum up how my day has been going perfectly.

Last edited by Dr Kain; 06-20-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Well that sucks then. I see no reason to buy DVDs of a show that was animated in HD.

I don't do digital either. I'll pirate before I drop a single cent on a digital release.

Neverthless, that blows as I really want to check out this show since I've only seen a handful of episodes here or there and liked what I saw. At least I know why my local library doesn't have anything on the show either. Though, this does sum up how my day has been going perfectly.
Yeah I picked up the few seasons I did when they were like $5 each - usually they're 20 so I didn't mind at the time. But you can get that free first month of Hulu and get caught up quick. It's a great show. I'm actually watching it right now!
Old 06-20-2019, 08:11 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post

Dreamworks has a lot of great animated shows as well that are animated in HD but not available that way for physical release.
Dreamworks Dragons, Trollhunters, Kung Fu Panda, and more.

Disney/Disney Junior has a lot of good shows as well..

Grrrrrrrrr.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:26 AM

I feel like a lot of this content is being safeguarded for whenever each network/studio launches their own streaming network to have "value" by not allowing this stuff to be accessible any other way. But that could just be me being cynical.