The Princess Bride (Criterion) - HDD Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-31-2018, 03:24 PM
Staff

Default The Princess Bride (Criterion) - HDD Review

After several anniversary reissues over the years, Rob Reiner's The Princess Bride once again hits Blu-ray -- this time courtesy of The Criterion Collection. A classic fairy tale yarn about true love, the movie itself remains a charming mixture of swashbuckling adventure, endearing romance, meta storytelling, and witty humor. This new disc includes a beautiful 1080p transfer sourced from a new 4K remaster, offering a welcomed improvement over the previous video presentations, along with the same solid audio mix and a healthy assortment of new and returning supplements. With that said, I can't help but wish the parties involved had released a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray as well. With so many previous Blu-ray versions already on the market, yet another standard HD offering in the 4K HDR generation seems like a missed opportunity -- especially since there is a 4K Dolby Vision digial version available on VUDU. Still, this is definitely the best physical media option out there for the film, and fans should be pleased by the updated video. Recommended.

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/615...criterion.html
Old 01-01-2019, 01:20 PM

I'll be waiting for a UHD release myself. It's going to happen, it just might be a year or two off.