'The Lookout' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-15-2007, 02:22 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'The Lookout' - High-Def Digest review

Kenneth's review of 'The Lookout' is up. While he didn't love the film itself, he says this Blu-ray definitely delivers with an excellent video transfer and a solid uncompressed PCM track. The only disappointment is a relatively slim supplements package, but he says that shouldn't deter fans of the flick from picking this one up.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/913/lookout.html
Old 08-15-2007, 02:40 PM

I disagree that this movie is a typical "hoist" movie (it's spelled heist, Kenneth). The lookout dives a lot more into the main character, how that character gets used because of his disabilities, and how he overcomes his disability to kick ass and take names.

I would say this movie would be a 4/5 for the movie itself. It is a lot deeper than a typical "hoist" movie, haha!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:25 PM

I am getting this one on Friday. Cant wait.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfwasted View Post
I disagree that this movie is a typical "hoist" movie (it's spelled heist, Kenneth). The lookout dives a lot more into the main character, how that character gets used because of his disabilities, and how he overcomes his disability to kick ass and take names.

I would say this movie would be a 4/5 for the movie itself. It is a lot deeper than a typical "hoist" movie, haha!
Sorry to antagonize, but after correcting my typo in the system, I couldn't resist the opportunity:

1) In your post, "The lookout" should be capitalized and placed between quotation marks since it is a movie title -- it should be typed as 'The Lookout'

2) Chris Pratt doesn't have "disabilities," just a singular disability

3) The sentence, "it's spelled heist, Kenneth" should have quotes around the word "heist" -- although I did appreciate the grammatically correct use of a comma before my name

In the end, a typo's a typo. But I do look forward to reading your inevitable reply listing all of the errors in this post!

Laughs aside, thanks as always for posting and keeping us on our toes! Thanks also for listing the reasons the movie resonated with you as well -- I'd love to read the reasons anyone feels the film is better than average.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Brown View Post
1) In your post, "The lookout" should be capitalized and placed between quotation marks since it is a movie title -- it should be typed as 'The Lookout'
The style guide for High-Def Digest's reviews may require titles to be placed between single-quotes, but that's not a uniform standard. Many publications put titles in italics, and some use full quotation marks.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
The style guide for High-Def Digest's reviews may require titles to be placed between single-quotes, but that's not a uniform standard. Many publications put titles in italics, and some use full quotation marks.
Walked into that one. You are correct sir -- the fine writers at one of the websites I frequent (I believe it's called DVDTalk or something to that effect) place their titles in italics.

I stand corrected!

Last edited by Ken Brown; 08-15-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Sorry to antagonize, but after correcting my typo in the system, I couldn't resist the opportunity:

2) Chris Pratt doesn't have "disabilities," just a singular disability

3) The sentence, "it's spelled heist, Kenneth" should have quotes around the word "heist" -- although I did appreciate the grammatically correct use of a comma before my name
Some people can't accept being wrong.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecyc2 View Post
Some people can't accept being wrong.
Wow -- opened a can of worms here. As evidenced by my last statements in that original reply, this was all meant to be a tongue-in-cheek continuation of my "hoist" typo.

I surrender!
Old 08-15-2007, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Brown View Post
Walked into that one. You are correct sir -- the fine writers at one of the websites I frequent (I believe it's called DVDTalk or something to that effect) place their titles in italics.

I stand corrected!
Well, it's the general writing style laid out in many style guides, including, but not limited to, The Chicago Manual of Style, The New York Times Manual of Style and Usage and the AP Stylebook. Chapter titles are in quotations and the book title is in italics.

Just for your information.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:12 PM

So the only audio track on this is PCM 5.1? Thats lame because I use an optical cable so I'd only get 2.0 audio.