Waterworld Limited Edition coming from Arrow December 11th - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-03-2018, 09:37 AM

Default Waterworld Limited Edition coming from Arrow December 11th

Watch Costner drink his pee with a fresh new 4K restoration and in multiple cuts! It's not up for pre-order yet but it should be soon... you know you want to get this

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/645...ededition.html
Old 10-03-2018, 04:32 PM

I'm totally in for this release. I really, really hope they got Kevin Costner and Kevin Reynolds to do an interview for the making-of doc.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
I'm totally in for this release. I really, really hope they got Kevin Costner and Kevin Reynolds to do an interview for the making-of doc.
Oh man, it's amazing those two managed to patch things up considering the legendary fights they had on set. A Joss Whedon interview would be hilarious. I've read a couple stories he had about doing the onset rewrites and they're pretty wild.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:56 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I replied directly to Arrow's announcement saying I hate to sound cynical, why release this? Isn't a 4K disc inevitable?
Old 10-03-2018, 05:01 PM

Probably, but most likely not all three cuts of the film and then ??? on the bonus features. When it comes down to it I'd rather have stacked Limited Edition like this than a barebones 4K disc.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:34 PM

Pointless release. Should be a 4K. How very passe 'extras' are.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:31 AM

Just because the folks here are 4K ready and wanting more content doesn't mean the word has to go there, especially for catalog reissues that may have limited release interest such as this. It's about making things affordably and reissuing this as a BD probably cost plenty of money, but it's a given that trying to do it in 4K would increase costs multiple areas, so if we want it, BD is where we'll get it.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:05 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
Just because the folks here are 4K ready and wanting more content doesn't mean the word has to go there, especially for catalog reissues that may have limited release interest such as this. It's about making things affordably and reissuing this as a BD probably cost plenty of money,
Didn't read the full specs, but a lot of times a release will have a new 4K scan. Inevitably Arrow usually starts from scratch. Many fans of this movie already own a copy, so why dip again when it is inevitable to get a 4K release? I don't have a 4K TV but that is still my attitude at this point.

Funny you mention affordability. Have yet to find an Arrow release that is competitive with other similar releases. Current price of this one on Amazon is $49.95. Don't get me wrong, generally Arrow does an awesome job with their releases and I am willing to pay for the ones that really interest me. Even so, they're often times $24 or so realistically in the USA. They offer SALES in the UK, but not here.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:13 AM

yeah Arrow releases are a bit steep sometimes, Family Video of all places actually does a nice 50% off sale on Arrow titles every fall - or at least they have the last couple years - so I'm hoping to scoop up some goodies when that happens.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
yeah Arrow releases are a bit steep sometimes, Family Video of all places actually does a nice 50% off sale on Arrow titles every fall - or at least they have the last couple years - so I'm hoping to scoop up some goodies when that happens.
DiabolikDVD also occasionally partners with Arrow for 50% off sales. I bought a bunch of discs from them in June or July of this year.

Arrow is basically mimicking the Criterion business model.

I don't believe Arrow has actually branched into 4k UHD yet, have they? If there's ever going to be a 4k release of Waterworld, it will most likely come from Universal directly, and will probably only include the theatrical cut.