Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection - HDD Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-02-2018, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Default Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection - HDD Review

If you love monster movies - heck, even if you donít - Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection is an essential boxed set. All of the studioís famous chillers starring such legendary creepy creatures as Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, Invisible Man, Wolf Man, Phantom of the Opera, and Creature from the Black Lagoon are here, spread across 24 Blu-ray discs with lovingly restored video and audio and featuring hours of absorbing, well-produced supplements. Thereís even a full-color, 48-page commemorative book that salutes Universalís impressive and lasting horror film legacy. Without a doubt, this monster mash is a graveyard smash, and no cinephile worth his or her salt should be without it. Must Own.

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/604...ollection.html
Old 10-02-2018, 08:44 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

This is what Universal should have originally done! I wanted a fuller pack than what was previously offered.
I presume this is not available to buy right now because they're correcting the discs included?
Old 10-02-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
This is what Universal should have originally done! I wanted a fuller pack than what was previously offered.
I presume this is not available to buy right now because they're correcting the discs included?
Yup, they're fixing the Revenge of the Creature/Creature Walks Among Us disc with proper 1080p 3D for Revenge - that's the only issue - got the email notification that my replacement disc should arrive anytime.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:13 AM

I kind of want this set, but not for that price. Of course, it might not even be worth getting this now since they'll probably end up doing a UHD set in a year or two.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:51 PM

Heads up - this is Amazon's Deal of the Day for $69.99! - that's 30 movies at roughly $2.33 each!
Old 10-23-2018, 07:45 PM

Where? I can't even find a listing on Amazon.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:05 AM

It was yesterday, so deal the deal is over. However, if you have trouble finding the item, you can find a link to it at Amazon on the review page.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkash View Post
It was yesterday, so deal the deal is over. However, if you have trouble finding the item, you can find a link to it at Amazon on the review page.
Well that sucks that I missed the deal. However, yeah, I had to get the link to bring me to the BD page.

Well I have no need for this set until it is on sale again for half price. Of course, there's also the UHD comment I previously made...