Color of Night: Special Edition - HDD Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-23-2018, 12:40 PM

Default Color of Night: Special Edition - HDD Review

The Razzie Award-winning Worst Picture for 1994, Color of Night has not gotten any better with age if judged on the basis of good writing, good directing, or good anything, really. However, it's a very fun type of bad movie to scoff at while watching. Kino Lorber's new 2-disc Special Edition attempts to better the film's prior Blu-ray release from Mill Creek, but sadly may not be enough of an improvement to merit the higher asking price. For Fans Only.

Full review here:
https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/601...orofnight.html
Old 08-23-2018, 02:17 PM

This was a staple of late night movie channel watching in my teen years. I remember thinking it was at least somewhat clever at the time then I caught it again a few years ago and man it's a goofy flick. That really is an odd batch of cases for a group therapy session. I think Ruben Blades saves it with his oddball manic detective - I swear I don't think he blinks in a single scene he's in.