Gravity Falls - HDD Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-30-2018, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Default Gravity Falls - HDD Review

One of the best animated series that a lot of you have never seen, Gravity Falls is a blast from beginning to end, mixing elements of various sci-fi genre movies and TV series into its fun, humorous premise. Shout! Factory has taken the time to give this Disney series a truly remarkable release one of the best of the year with well-rendered video and audio and loaded with bonus features. This is more than a great series set, it's Must Own.

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/581...teseries2.html
Old 07-31-2018, 01:29 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I bought this set day one. Having heard so much tout about it but never having seen it, I took a chance.
The fact that Shout Factory was able to license a Disney title is incredible. I was really hoping to see this set be all inclusive though, but I would imagine the cost would go up from there, so getting every regular season episode in one set is still very nice.
What is missing are the specials they have had for the show over the years. There are currently 53 specials listed on TV DB -- https://www.thetvdb.com/series/gravity-falls/seasons/0
Old 07-31-2018, 06:38 PM

I got the Shout Factory site release, so I got a poster with it, on top of it shipping two weeks early (though being as I'm in Canada, it still took a few days to get here).

I'm only on the 2nd disc of the first season so far. It's pretty good, yeah.

EDIT: Dang, sucks to hear that those specials are missing. A lot of them there >_>