Piranha II: The Spawning - HDD Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-26-2018, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Default Piranha II: The Spawning - HDD Review

1981s sequel in-name-only Piranha II: The Spawning from director James Cameron is a goofy piece of Italian schlock that finally arrives on Blu-ray in a complete cut with a surprisingly good 2k scan. The film wont win over audiences who question the logic of flying piranha but will entertain anyone looking for a cheesy horror movie. Special features are limited but will please those looking to learn more about the film James Cameron refuses to acknowledge. Grab some refreshments, a few friends, and enjoy Lance Henriksen crashing a toy helicopter. For Fans Only.

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/520...rsedition.html
Old 07-27-2018, 12:34 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I bought this one originally on laserdisc and remember it a ridiculous movie, but in a very fun way. Am sure I will enjoy this presentation nevertheless.

The movie has to be pretty bad (ahem, Birdemic) for me to dislike movies of this genre. This one had a few good moments, and the actors were not terrible either.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:55 AM

Friggen love this movie - it's so cheeky - the rubber fish - it's a true schlock classic
Old 08-01-2018, 05:37 PM

Watched this one on Youtube last week and boy was it terrible. Glad I didn't end up blind-buying this rubbish. Thanks Youtube! You saved me $30.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:05 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
Watched this one on Youtube last week and boy was it terrible. Glad I didn't end up blind-buying this rubbish. Thanks Youtube! You saved me $30.
I applaud Shout/Scream Factory for releasing a lot of these lost treasures. You call it trash, it's one of my treasures. Any way - yeah nowadays a $30 tag is reserved for just movies I have to have! This one around $15 is my sweet spot.