New Warner Archive Releases in August - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-24-2018, 01:00 AM

Default New Warner Archive Releases in August

I haven't yet seen it posted here (perhaps I missed it) but Warner Archive has announced 4 new releases for August. They plan to release one title per week this August starting with the Frank Sinatra, Steve McQueen war film, Never So Few on August 7. This will be followed with the subsequent releases as noted below:

August 14: Home From the Hill with Robert Mitchum
August 21: The Last Hunt with Robert Taylor and Stewart Granger
August 28: The Naked and the Dead with Cliff Robertson and Aldo Ray

Let's hope WAC keeps it coming with more great releases from their catalog. I, for one would love to see Big Wednesday next.

Update: After I read about these releases, I saw that all of these titles except for Home From the Hill are now not available for purchase. I had pre-ordered Never So Few on Amazon and now that order is on hold. Not sure what happened???? If anyone has info, please let us know.

Last edited by dommie; 07-24-2018 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:22 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Warner Archive titles frequently go unavailable, but in general once street date hits, they're available again. Not sure what's going on behind the scenes, but I don't think it has anything to do with Amazon's on-off-on disputes they continue to have.

If you've got any further concerns, check out the actual WAC shop:
https://www.wbshop.com/collections/w...e-best-sellers

I presume you follow them on Facebook?
https://www.facebook.com/warnerarchive/
Old 07-24-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Warner Archive titles frequently go unavailable, but in general once street date hits, they're available again. Not sure what's going on behind the scenes, but I don't think it has anything to do with Amazon's on-off-on disputes they continue to have.

If you've got any further concerns, check out the actual WAC shop:
https://www.wbshop.com/collections/w...e-best-sellers

I presume you follow them on Facebook?
https://www.facebook.com/warnerarchive/
Yep. I had checked the WAC shop and they still show 3 of the 4 as shipping on those dates I posted. the only one they don't seem to have listed right now is The naked and the Dead which is the last one to come out later in August. Perhaps because it is the last one for the month, they just haven't posted it yet. We shall see. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:55 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

As an avid video enthusiast, I very regularly see the same issues you are seeing. I still want to buy THE HIDDEN but Amazon seems out of sync last time I looked.