Halloween (2007) SteelBook coming October 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-18-2018, 09:32 AM

Default Halloween (2007) SteelBook coming October 2

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything more about this release, no cover image exists (that I could find) so my guess is it's going to be a repackage of what's already out there. We'll keep you posted.

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/616...steelbook.html
Old 07-18-2018, 11:01 AM

Kind of a shame they're not going to do a special release for its anniversary and the new upcoming movie. Would have been cool if they had let Criterion do one.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:07 PM

Yeah, I'd dig it if Criterion got to reclaim the original film like they had it on LaserDisc.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Kind of a shame they're not going to do a special release for its anniversary and the new upcoming movie. Would have been cool if they had let Criterion do one.
So they can already use the Anchor Bay 4K master, add a new interview with Jamie Lee Curtis and charge $40+ for it? Yeah, I'll pass. The blu-ray(s) that are out now are plenty good. No need for a Criterion disc whatsoever.

I find it a little funny that they're doing a steelbook for this one since Scream Factory already announced that they're coming out with steelbooks for Halloween 2 and 3 around the same time. Can't wait to get Halloween 3 and see how the new 4K scan of it looks!
Old 07-19-2018, 12:12 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Weinstein Company has the rights to this? Wow.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Weinstein Company has the rights to this? Wow.
They were the original producers alongside MGM and held home video rights - but I think Lionsgate picked those up for a number of titles. Everything I could find said "Weinstein Company" so we'll see. That's why I think it's just a basic repackage.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
So they can already use the Anchor Bay 4K master, add a new interview with Jamie Lee Curtis and charge $40+ for it? Yeah, I'll pass. The blu-ray(s) that are out now are plenty good. No need for a Criterion disc whatsoever.!
According to everyone I've talked to, the color is not right because it doesn't look like it is in the Fall.

Also, I don't care what you want, I only care what I want, which is a Criterion release.

BTW, if you're paying $40 for Criterion movies you are doing something wong.

Lastly, I no longer want to support Anchor Bay products, so buying it from Criterion means I am not.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
According to everyone I've talked to, the color is not right because it doesn't look like it is in the Fall.
Personally, I thought Anchor Bay's last blu-ray looked terrific. It was even approved by Dean Cundey. And what guarantee is there that Criterion will release Halloween with perfect colour timing? The picture quality of their releases can be pretty sub-par at times (see Dressed to Kill and Scanners as examples).

Quote:
BTW, if you're paying $40 for Criterion movies you are doing something wong.
I'm in Canada. Criterion's prices are absolutely atrocious here. For example, The Tree of Life Criterion release is on pre-order right now for a ridiculous $44. Add in the tax, and you're now close to $50...for just one movie....

So yeah, I try not to support Criterion as much as I can.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:39 PM

Why not buy them from Barnes & Noble when they half off?
Old 07-23-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Why not buy them from Barnes & Noble when they half off?
Unfortunately the shipping costs and the US-to-Canadian conversion rate just about kills the deal for me. The odd time, I'll find a used Criterion blu-ray that I really want from eBay for about $25 Cdn. But even those are hard to come by.