Isle of Dogs - HDD Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-17-2018, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Default Isle of Dogs - HDD Review

Like Wes Anderson's previous whimsically absurdist comedies, Isle of Dogs is a unique and intricately-designed post-modern science fiction world unto itself. It's not enough that the film's story about a boy trying to find his dog against a backdrop of reactionary politics is hilarious, every scene is filled with minute details and visual gags that it howls for multiple viewings. This film is a master's course in scene design and story execution. 20th Century Fox brings the film to Blu-ray with a beautiful image transfer and a stellar audio mix. Bonus features are sadly slim but they're at least informative.

If you're a Wes Anderson fan, Isle of Dogs is VERY Highly Recommended.

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/57636/isleofdogs.html
Old 07-19-2018, 12:25 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Yes, I'm a Wes Anderson fan.

But let's welcome everyone to 2018 - no 4K, no sale. Even Matthew points out how colorful this movie is.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:09 AM

I loved Grand Budapest Hotel, but this movie does not interest me in the slightest. Also, agreed above. WTF is a 2018 movie doing without an UHD release?
Old 07-19-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
I loved Grand Budapest Hotel, but this movie does not interest me in the slightest. Also, agreed above. WTF is a 2018 movie doing without an UHD release?
Especially one where virtually every region had one announced, up for pre-order, and then canceled?
Old 07-23-2018, 08:18 AM

Turns out Isle of Dogs was my 700th review for HDD! Hell of a great movie to hit that milestone on!
Old 07-23-2018, 01:09 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
Turns out Isle of Dogs was my 700th review for HDD! Hell of a great movie to hit that milestone on!
Feeling old? Want an Anniversary cake?
Old 07-23-2018, 01:56 PM

dude, I'll just take cake period. No need to make a thing of it. Chocolate. Vanilla. As long as it's got a lot of frosting and covered in an assortment of sprinkles I'm there.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:39 PM

The cake is a lie
Old 07-23-2018, 06:59 PM

What an excellent film this was. After a Anderson's last couple of films that I found a little sup-bar (Moonrise Kingdom and Grand Budapest Hotel), Wes is definitely back at the top of his game. Simple story told brilliantly and the animation work was phenomenal. Great job by all the animators that worked so hard on this feature. Truly excellent work. The blu-ray is an easy recommend from me; totally worth the blind-buy.