ROTLD 2 Coming August 14 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-05-2018, 01:24 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Default ROTLD 2 Coming August 14

Coming Soon - Return of the Living Dead 2.
Scream Factory will be releasing it and ETA is August.
Expect an official announcement from the staff shortly.

As we have the original ROTLD and ROTLD 3, this is great news!!

For the time being, enjoy this link:
https://www.amazon.com/Return-of-the...dp/B07CT9563Y/
Old 05-05-2018, 09:33 AM

Also Scream said in their Facebook post that it will have corrected audio after the junk that was WB's disc.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:46 AM

Are the first two any good? I've only seen the third one which I thought was pretty mediocre. At least I'm pretty sure that is the one about the dude whose girlfriend dies so he turns her into a zombie, right?
Old 05-05-2018, 12:34 PM

Th first two are completely different movies, basically horror comedies(Braaaaiiiiinnnsss!!!) where 3 is oddly dark. ROTLD 1-2 is required viewing for horror fans.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:37 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

If you opt to pre-order directly from Scream Factory as well, you get the usual treatment - 2 weeks early release and a poster or lithograph, depending on the title.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Are the first two any good? I've only seen the third one which I thought was pretty mediocre.
The first one is pretty good. The second one is lackluster...very overrated cult film.

Quote:
At least I'm pretty sure that is the one about the dude whose girlfriend dies so he turns her into a zombie, right?
Yep. That's the third one.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:15 AM

The first is a true classic. The second ROTLD is decent fun, but a notable step down - the humor lacks the bite of the first one, but it's still a lot of fun. The third is good but it's not the same animal at all. The less said about the 4th and 5th the better - all prints and copies of those two should be burned and scrapped from existence.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
The first is a true classic. The second ROTLD is decent fun, but a notable step down - the humor lacks the bite of the first one, but it's still a lot of fun. The third is good but it's not the same animal at all. The less said about the 4th and 5th the better - all prints and copies of those two should be burned and scrapped from existence.
LOVE the first one, such a great Zombie movie and one of the best of all time IMO....the second is fun yes, certainly not quite as good but its got some great comedy bits and has returning characters playing different roles that are kind of the same, which is part of the joke, I really like the third, unrated cut has some great gore FX and its quite a different film over the other two.

What are these 4th and 5th movies you speak of? Didnt know they made any more

Will be nice to finally have all three of these remastered though, first three are classics of my teenage years
Old 05-08-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
What are these 4th and 5th movies you speak of? Didnt know they made any more
4th? 5th!?! Did I say they existed? Huh. Must be the drugs I don't take kicking in that made me write that