Which would you choose?? Vacancy, Identity, or Wild Hogs?? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-14-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Which would you choose?? Vacancy, Identity, or Wild Hogs??

I need some advice from my fellow blu brothers. Which one of these do I buy?? More difficult than I thought it would be. Please put me out of my undecided misery and help me make a choice. What say you my blu bretheren?
Old 08-14-2007, 04:16 PM

Well depends what sort of movies your into.

I watched Vacency the other night (st dvd) and i really thought it was a pile of poo. Really nothing in the film would make you want to watch it again.OK stoodgefan i will give you Kate B in 1080 is worth a relook but no nudity !!!!!

I watched Wild hogs last night (st dvd) its a good light hearted comedy for the family.I also went to the cinema with the missus and kids to watch this one.Overall if your watching with kids its good clean humor

Identity ohh now thats going back i watched this at the cinema when it came out (some old girlfriend) Pretty good story line and keeps you guessing all the way to then end. Again this is a little bit of a scary.
Once youve seen the end replay balue is pretty limited

By the look of your fav films i would go along the line of Identity.

Have you seen any of these movies before ????
Or if your after the quality of the transfer check out enoize thread at the top of this section

My preferance of these would be (but like others said i wouldnt buy any of them on blu if you already have the dvd)

1 Wild Hogs
2 Identity
3 watch a blank screen

Last edited by Aareco; 08-14-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:18 PM

I would say if you have the money to get two blu-rays then get Vacancy, and Identity.(both great movies) Fpr me Wild Hogs was just horribly unfunny trash. I hear the Pq is good tough. If you only have the money for one then get Vacancy its Pq qas a bit better than Identity IMHO.

Vacancy:
Pros: Kate B. in 1080P
Good acting
Very suspensful edge of your seat type of movie IMHO
One of the best PQs around

Cons: Short
Ending is not so good

Identity: Pros: Good acting and cast
Has some suspense
twist ending
cons: ending was just not up to the quality of the rest of the movie
PQ is good but not as good as Vacancy
Wild Hogs:
Pros: Good PQ I hear
Cons: Horrible trash movie
Unfunny

I hope that helps you decide.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:40 PM

Not Wild Hogs.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:42 PM

I wouldn't get any of them, honestly. Identity is an OK rental, but once you get the twist it's either a) the most ridiculous thing you've ever seen or b) not worth watching again.

Get the Lives of Others next week instead.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:43 PM

I would much rather save my money than to buy any of those three (I'm still upset that I wasted part of my life on any of them). But if I had to pick one, I'd go with Identity.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:08 PM

If you're looking for a new release, I'd go with The Lookout. It's a pretty great movie, with nice PQ. Definitely a 4 or 4.5/10.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:32 PM

I got Vacancy on DVD, and its a good movie. i enjoyed it, i may even get it on BD sometime in the future.

Identity ... i have seen it twice, but i have never liked it, Vacancy is better.

Wild Hogs": great PQ, but i have never seen the movie.

I would go with either Vacancy or Wild Hogs,

Tomorow Im gonna buy 3 BD's, its probably gonna be "16 Blocks". "Disturbia" and "Wild Hogs"/"Vacancy"
Old 08-14-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkiller View Post

Tomorow Im gonna buy 3 BD's, its probably gonna be "16 Blocks". "Disturbia" and "Wild Hogs"/"Vacancy"
On the edge myself of getting disturbia,just waiting to see how movitymes shipping is before i place my second order.

Sorry to go off track op
Old 08-14-2007, 08:19 PM

My vote would be "None of the above".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aareco View Post
Identity ohh now thats going back i watched this at the cinema when it came out (some old girlfriend) Pretty good story line and keeps you guessing all the way to then end.
Identity couldn't even keep me guessing all the way to the end of the trailer. The big twist ending was pretty obvious, even just from that.