'Killer Klowns from Outer Space' - March 27 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-20-2018, 02:52 PM

Default 'Killer Klowns from Outer Space' - March 27

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/577...terspace2.html
Old 03-20-2018, 03:16 PM

Arrow wow
I have the previous release. I'm sure this one will be better!
Old 03-22-2018, 10:32 PM

I'll pass on this one. Already have the MGM blu-ray. Picture and sound quality is perfectly fine and the disc contains plenty of extras.

Arrow is also doing a release for Wes Craven's Last House on the Left. The MGM blu-ray looks as good as low budget 16mm can get, sound quality is fine, and plenty of extras on the disc as well. Not sure why these companies keep releasing blu-rays for movies that already have perfectly fine blu-rays out already. I wish they would focus on films that really need a big special edition and/or remastering, or more importantly, need a blu-ray release period.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:47 PM

I have a tough time resisting 1980's horror so I pre-ordered this one as a soon as I learned of it in December. Looking forward to revisiting this one.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
I'll pass on this one. Already have the MGM blu-ray. Picture and sound quality is perfectly fine and the disc contains plenty of extras.

Arrow is also doing a release for Wes Craven's Last House on the Left. The MGM blu-ray looks as good as low budget 16mm can get, sound quality is fine, and plenty of extras on the disc as well. Not sure why these companies keep releasing blu-rays for movies that already have perfectly fine blu-rays out already. I wish they would focus on films that really need a big special edition and/or remastering, or more importantly, need a blu-ray release period.
Eh, I paid $8 for that MGM bluray and you know there was barely any actual remastering done on it at all, this is an all new 4K transfer so I'm guessing it can look better, plus I think the MGM disc is mono only or something isnt it? This also has a new DTS surround mix plus new extras we havent got yet, so I'm down since this is one of the best cult classics from the 80s
Old 04-03-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidfreek View Post
Eh, I paid $8 for that MGM bluray and you know there was barely any actual remastering done on it at all, this is an all new 4K transfer so I'm guessing it can look better, plus I think the MGM disc is mono only or something isnt it? This also has a new DTS surround mix plus new extras we havent got yet, so I'm down since this is one of the best cult classics from the 80s
I hear ya. Like I said before, I'm perfectly happy with the MGM blu-ray. I remember getting mine for $6.88 at Walmart a couple years back and it came with a cool faceplate. Was very satisfied with the overall quality of the disc.

It's nice that it's getting the 4K treatment and some new extras, but to me it's not worth it. Especially since here in Canada I'd be paying a little over $40 for it (with tax). Sooooo I'll just enjoy the cheapy MGM release.