'Doctor Strange' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-14-2007, 12:45 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'Doctor Strange' - High-Def Digest review

Kenneth's review of 'Doctor Strange' is up. While he says the movie itself has its strong suits (and is arguably the best of Marvel's recent series of direct-to-disc releases), overall he was disappointed with the technical aspects of this Blu-ray release.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/889/drstrange.html
Old 08-14-2007, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
overall he was disappointed with the technical aspects of this Blu-ray release.
I'll say... 2 stars for PQ on a animation flick is obsurd... This will go to the bottom of my BlockBuster queue...
Old 08-14-2007, 01:51 PM

This looks WORSE than Ultimate Avengers? I'm going to rent it just to see if that's possible.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:19 PM

Just my luck... I have friends coming over tonight to watch this. When I watched Ultimate Avengers on standard dvd upscaled on my set I saw some terrible animation issues; specifically the faces of the characters would get white bars across them... I noticed the same things on Iron Man. I was so hoping that the high def release of Doctor Strange to fix this. I hope no one notices tonight.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:41 PM

Wow, what a terrible review. I hope that Marvel Animation Studios will pay attention to the reviews and improve their future offerings.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:33 PM

Default 2 stars for Vid. Qaulity?

I just watched the dr strange bluray and the picture was fine. I only noticed some high contrast issues 2-3 times and only on smokes effects. No other problems here. Much better than the avengers, no question.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Banned

I just saw like 10 minutes of the film ( gonna watch this weekend ) Got it for some points in switchplanet, and I think the score is about ... well somewhat there .

Animations do look dated, and im dissapointed the colors weren't exajerated like many animated blurays which made it look a bit unpolished .

However I noticed how clear this blu looks . I can definetly tell the difference between this and a dvd . It looks clean .