Hellraiser: Judgment - HDD Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-06-2018, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Default Hellraiser: Judgment - HDD Review

Kyle says Hellraiser: Judgment is probably for series fans only.

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/549...judgement.html
Old 03-07-2018, 01:24 PM

This was WAY better that the last film, that was a cheap attempt at keeping the rights to the franchise and it suffered bad, horrible choice for Pinhead and awful acting all around. Judgment was so much better and even though Pinhead was in the background (remember the original hardly had any pinhead and it was awesome) this guy played the role far better, had the voice I feel he should have (based on Doug Bradley of course) and felt more like he belonged.

The director playing the Auditor was probably the best part, he was awesome and one of the best characters added to the mythos in a long long time. How they judged you and how he typed your sins was great, it really felt like he was a true fan of the films and the stories behind them.

All that said, this was super low budget and you could tell, I really wish they did a proper take on this material and they had more money to do some better things, get a Jordan Peele or Blumhouse making a bigger budget version of this and it could be SO much better, but definitely a step in the right direction after the last outing, which turned out to be so so awful
Old 03-08-2018, 12:56 AM

Never even heard of this one.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Obviously not a big fan of the franchise, I'd been waiting a long time for this one after they screwed up the last one so bad, of course even the worst ones before they rebooted it with another actor as Pinhead were better just because of Doug Bradley, it sucks that he isnt doing the character anymore but it is what it is and we have to move on, there is a lot of material that could be mined here if they stop sticking these low budget flicks into bad police procedurals
Old 03-09-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Well get this then: the TENTH installment to the Children of the Corn series hits blu-ray next week!

As for this new Hellraiser installment, not even sure I should check it out. I've only seen the first two. Are any of the other sequels even worth watching?
Old 03-09-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
Well get this then: the TENTH installment to the Children of the Corn series hits blu-ray next week!

As for this new Hellraiser installment, not even sure I should check it out. I've only seen the first two. Are any of the other sequels even worth watching?
TENTH? LOL

Are any worth watching as much as the original?
Old 03-09-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
TENTH? LOL

Are any worth watching as much as the original?
I can honestly say, I have no clue whatsoever. As a guy who loves horror films, I don't even watch many direct-to-video horror sequels. 97% of the time, they're usually very disappointing.

Doing a quick wikipedia search of the third movie though, I found this:

"It was the only one of the series to receive positive reviews.[citation needed] Stephen King praised it himself, as the only one he thought was good."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childr..._Urban_Harvest

So...it looks like the third film would be worth checking out! lol
Old 03-10-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I can honestly say, I have no clue whatsoever. As a guy who loves horror films, I don't even watch many direct-to-video horror sequels. 97% of the time, they're usually very disappointing.

Doing a quick wikipedia search of the third movie though, I found this:

"It was the only one of the series to receive positive reviews.[citation needed] Stephen King praised it himself, as the only one he thought was good."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childr..._Urban_Harvest

So...it looks like the third film would be worth checking out! lol

Hahaha cool, I will check that one out. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:

How many Children of the Corn books are there?
Old 03-11-2018, 01:42 PM

That’d be one short story. I seriously can’t believe anyone’s watched beyond the third movie in either franchise. I used to enjoy the odd B horror movie, but it seems most these days are sequels to once great or ok franchises.