The Host subtitle issue - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-13-2007, 07:45 PM

Default The Host subtitle issue

Ok..so I rented The Host on DVD to see if I would like it. I did, and bought the Blu-Ray.

Everything is great about the Blu-Ray, except for the English subtitles. There are a few instances when phone text messages and signs were translated in the subtitles on the DVD. On the Blu-Ray, they are ONLY subtitled if you have the HARD OF HEARING subtitles on, which are SUPER annoying.

After District B13 ONLY having Hard Of Hearing subtitles...I don't think I will buy any more foreign subtitled movies in either HD format from Magnolia. Even if it means spending double to import.

Why can't Magnolia get their subtitles right?