'Wild Hogs' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-13-2007, 12:22 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'Wild Hogs' - High-Def Digest review

Although he wasn't a huge fan of the film itself, Peter says this Blu-ray release of 'Wild Hogs' is a real winner. Disney has delivered an excellent transfer and soundtrack, plus a standard but enjoyable suite of extras.

Full review here:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/881/wildhogs.html
Old 08-13-2007, 02:49 PM

im thinking of picking up this movie if i see it on bby shelves
Old 08-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Banned

I loved this movie. I pre-orderd it on Amazon.com as soon as they made it ready for pre-ordering. Great movie to just sit back and relax and laugh with.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post
im thinking of picking up this movie if i see it on bby shelves
Same here. Either this or Vacancy. Getting The Lookout for sure.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:59 PM

I am very excited for this movie. I am a big Tim Allen fan and a big Disney fan so it's a no-brainer for me.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:05 PM

I doubt i'll get this movie but it's nice to see lots of top-quality Blu-ray video encodes coming out.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:36 AM

I'm happy this movie is on BD. I really enjoyed it. I think, and this is a note to Peter, that he didn't like it because, although ANYONE can have fun with this movie, the most interesting jokes are only well understood by someone familiar with what it means to ride a Harley.

Many of you might be saying "this is NOT a movie about harleys, but of middle age men's traumas" but truth is that there are a lot of things that only can be well understood and valued if you ride. A stupid example: the scene where they get hit by all kins of things while they're riding. For anyone who hasn't hit the road on a bike (ANY bike, not just an HD) it is funny just because the look of the guy with a mosquito splattered on his face. BUT if you've ever riden a bike you KNOW that is actually completely true. After an hour of riding out of a city you get hit by all kinds of things: insects, gravel, mud, etc. And it's a thing that is never shown about riding a bike anywhere (I just can't picture Henry Fonda with a mosquito exploding on his face ).

The truth is the movie, as superficial as it may seem, pretty well portraits all kinds of bikers. From the ones that only have an HD to show off on weekends and don't even know how to ride, to the so called "true" bikers with so much urban legends around them, are always very cliched on any movie. Anyone whos has the experience of going to places like Sturgys know there are many types, and this movie show them well.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:51 AM

Not a fan of the film, either. I really didn't laugh. The whole "bad bikers are terrorizing a town" premise was kind of lame, too. The only thing that made me chuckle was Kyle Gass singing karaoke. Maybe you need to be a middle-aged suburban biker to enjoy this movie?
Old 10-20-2007, 02:34 AM

"If we drink piss, We'd drink it cold!"
Old 05-29-2011, 12:53 PM

This disc will not function correctly in my new Sony 480 3DBD player. It plays all the trailers and previews just fine, but when the menu loads, none of the selections function. I can select a function, and it highlights it, when I hit enter, it recognizes it, but nothing happens and it just sits on the menu.
It plays fine on my Sony 350.

Anyone else have a similar issue with this disc?