Palmer is offline Administrator

Default Barry Lyndon (Criterion)

Bryan says this new Criterion Barry Lyndon Blu-ray is the definitive, must-own release!

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/49376/barrylyndon2.html

Mr. Mojo is offline Member

My issue with the film is that the main character goes from interesting in the first half to an unlikable prick in the second half. It was also way too long. It's not bad overall, but nowhere near the "5 Star" hype that it gets.

Boston007 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    My issue with the film is that the main character goes from interesting in the first half to an unlikable prick in the second half. It was also way too long. It's not bad overall, but nowhere near the "5 Star" hype that it gets.
    Isn't that the point of the film? I haven't seen it so please no spoilers. It looks like Criterion made a nice release. I generally really like Kubrick films so I am looking forward to seeing this.

Mr. Mojo is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    Isn't that the point of the film? I haven't seen it so please no spoilers. It looks like Criterion made a nice release. I generally really like Kubrick films so I am looking forward to seeing this.
    I have liked nearly all of Kubrick's films that I have seen, except for this one. Let me know what you think after you finally watch it.

Boston007 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    I have liked nearly all of Kubrick's films that I have seen, except for this one. Let me know what you think after you finally watch it.
    Will do, Mr. Mojo! thanks!

Csm101 is offline Member

I've been curious about this one for many years now. I will be picking up this Criterion version. I think it may of aired on Turner classics or amc and I forgot to dvr it. This version seems like the one to see though.