Palmer is offline Administrator

Default Cult of Chucky - HDD Review

Professor E says, on the whole, Cult of Chucky is a good and occasionally surprising entry, but some of the humor tends to undermine some of the more creative and weirdly fascinating visuals.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/48596/cultofchucky.html

Dr Kain is online now Member

I really liked Curse of Chucky, so I was expecting it to be more of the same, but maybe with some good twists or something. I have no idea what the hell I sat though, but it was as generic and cookie cutter as if it were aired on the sci-fi channel. What the hell was this? The movie looked so cheap, but not in the stylish horror kind of cheap. The plot, if that is what you can call it made no sense. The characters were nothing more than a body count, and the ending was just terrible. THe only parts I did like was when Chucky was creeped out by the schizo lady and then when he couldn't decide whether or not to kill the doctor dude. Other than that, this movie was garbage. Also, what was the point of even having the kid from the original in this thing? God damn that was utterly lame. Unless you have to watch every Chucky movie, skip it.

Vidfreek is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I really liked Curse of Chucky, so I was expecting it to be more of the same, but maybe with some good twists or something. I have no idea what the hell I sat though, but it was as generic and cookie cutter as if it were aired on the sci-fi channel. What the hell was this? The movie looked so cheap, but not in the stylish horror kind of cheap. The plot, if that is what you can call it made no sense. The characters were nothing more than a body count, and the ending was just terrible. THe only parts I did like was when Chucky was creeped out by the schizo lady and then when he couldn't decide whether or not to kill the doctor dude. Other than that, this movie was garbage. Also, what was the point of even having the kid from the original in this thing? God damn that was utterly lame. Unless you have to watch every Chucky movie, skip it.
    Completely disagree, this movie took the franchise on another turn for something different, just like Bride did in the late 90s by going more comedy, this one took the overall plot and really expanded it, giving Chucky more....Andy was in there because he thought he killed off Chucky, only to find out that he hasnt and that things have gotten way more out of control. I've seen all of these multiple times and this is far from Garbage.....it was another fun romp in the Chucky world, overall the Chucky series has been pretty damn good, better than later Halloween sequels, better than later Jason sequels, better than quite a lot of horror films coming out, if you are a fan, I definitely recommend you see this one because it expands on the lore and does some other great things for long time fans. I'm amazed that these have stayed consistently good for this long

Consistently good? The only good Chucky movies in my book are the first one and Curse. The second one is okay, but the third one, Bride, and Child are dreadful and I would rather suffer through Jason Goes to Hell again than rewatch those ones. Hell, I'd probably rather watch the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street.

Boston007 is online now Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Consistently good? The only good Chucky movies in my book are the first one and Curse. The second one is okay, but the third one, Bride, and Child are dreadful and I would rather suffer through Jason Goes to Hell again than rewatch those ones. Hell, I'd probably rather watch the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street.
    Agreed
    I loved the first one. Many of the subsequent ones were DREADFUL

Vidfreek is offline Member

All of the Chucky films are far better than Jason Goes to Hell or the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street, what are you guys smoking? Bride of Chucky and Seed of Chucky are hilarious horror/comedies, very self aware and again, far better than those two movies you mentioned, I could easily watch them over those two any day, they are far more entertaining

The only thing those four movies have in common is that they are flat out boring. If I never have to sit through Bride and Child again, it will be a blessing.