Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Landy's Avatar
    Landy is offline Go Jets Go!
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    12,577

    Default 'Superman: The Movie - Extended Cut & Special Edition 2-Film Collection' - October 3


  2. #2
    Krawk's Avatar
    Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    11,213

    Default

    At this point (4K/UHD-era)... WHY?
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

  3. #3
    Josh Z's Avatar
    Josh Z is offline HDD Blogmaster General
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    At this point (4K/UHD-era)... WHY?
    This is the first time the extra-long TV cut of the movie will be available on disc. The regular "extended" cut is also being remastered. Plenty of reason for this.

    [Edit: I thought I read in the original announcement that the extended cut was being remastered, but now I'm not sure.]
    Last edited by Josh Z; 09-20-2017 at 10:44 AM.
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

  4. #4
    Boston007's Avatar
    Boston007 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,247

    Default

    THE BEST actor to portray Superman ever!

  5. #5
    mattedscreen's Avatar
    mattedscreen is online now HDD Reviewer / Movie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Il
    Posts
    2,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
    This is the first time the extra-long TV cut of the movie will be available on disc. The regular "extended" cut is also being remastered. Plenty of reason for this.
    I'm so glad I'm not crazy anymore. I could've sworn there was missing footage that I'd seen as a kid, had no idea it was all stuff saved for theTV cut. Also glad to see new remasters - LONG over due, I'd love a 4K obviously, but Warner Archive does their releases justice so this should be a notable improvement.
    Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!

  6. #6
    Josh Z's Avatar
    Josh Z is offline HDD Blogmaster General
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
    Also glad to see new remasters - LONG over due, I'd love a 4K obviously, but Warner Archive does their releases justice so this should be a notable improvement.
    I thought I read in the original announcement that the extended cut was being remastered, but now I can't find that.
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

  7. #7
    Krawk's Avatar
    Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    11,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
    THE BEST actor to portray Superman ever!
    Ever notice how so many great entertainers are knocked out of the game because of their elective R&R activities? Christopher Reeve was what, horse riding incident? How many people died or ended their careers from skiing?
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

  8. #8
    Boston007's Avatar
    Boston007 is online now Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Ever notice how so many great entertainers are knocked out of the game because of their elective R&R activities? Christopher Reeve was what, horse riding incident? How many people died or ended their careers from skiing?
    Yes he was horse jumping which broke his neck. He was bound to wheelchair since that moment. Sad

  9. #9
    Dr Kain's Avatar
    Dr Kain is online now Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,374

    Default

    A near three hour cut? The movie is already boring enough at two.

  10. #10
    zero_zep is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Ba, so if I'm not mistaken there is still no version of superman 2 original cut unless you buy the anthology?

  11. #11
    Vidfreek is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zero_zep View Post
    Ba, so if I'm not mistaken there is still no version of superman 2 original cut unless you buy the anthology?
    https://www.amazon.com/Superman-II-R...ard+donner+cut

    Nope, has had an individual release for a while now

  12. #12
    zero_zep is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    163

    Default

    oh $hit, had no idea, lol thank you, I have of course seen that blu for some time now but I always thought it was just the Donner version.

  13. #13
    Josh Z's Avatar
    Josh Z is offline HDD Blogmaster General
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zero_zep View Post
    oh $hit, had no idea, lol thank you, I have of course seen that blu for some time now but I always thought it was just the Donner version.
    That disc is just the Donner Cut. Vidfreek is wrong. The original theatrical version is only available in the Superman Anthology box set.
    Josh Z
    Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest (Blog updated daily!)
    Curator, Laserdisc Forever
    My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.

  14. #14
    DanielSLee is offline Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Just hearing the restored John Williams score in the proper context is reason enough for me to pick this one up.

  15. #15
    Vidfreek is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
    That disc is just the Donner Cut. Vidfreek is wrong. The original theatrical version is only available in the Superman Anthology box set.
    I thought he meant the Donner cut when he said the original version, that IS the original version before it was hacked up and he was fired, so I misinterpreted that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1